Page 11
---------------------------------------------

Longship Special Abilities
There are no Special Abilities common to all Longships – each
Longship Card Offers a Special Ability that can be used only
when resolving the Raid Action using that exact Longship. If
the same Longship is used in more than 1 Raid during the same
turn
, its Special Ability may be used every time.

Hero Special Abilities
Each Hero Card provides a Special Ability, that can be used:
♦♦ only when resolving the Raid Action (explicitly labeled as a
Raid Ability), or
♦♦ only outside of a Raid (no label).
After using the Hero Special Ability, the Hero Card is placed facedown
under the Hero Card deck in the Mead Hall.

Remember that you
discard a Hero after
a Raid
even if you did
not use their ability.

---------------------------------------------

As you need for a raid a longboat + hero + at least 1 viking that has to return to the mead hall...how can it be that you perform 2 raids in 1 turn?!

Before staring a new raid, you have to bring back the longboat with 2 special symbols, buy a new hero (which costs 2 symbols at maximium) and then return to another raid with additionally vikings on board, since you have to invest at least 1 viking during a raid, that is put avk to the mead hall.

I would think that this is possible if you haven enough vikings, but as there is a limit of 10 on the playerboard I´m wondering if this is possible?!

If it is possible....where is my error?!

Regards
Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
You can own multiple longships, hence no need to actually return your first one in the same round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that`s correct, with the shipyard you can have 2 longships (e.g. A & B)...but only with the help of the shipyard.

But this doesn`t solve my issue, since each longship is having it`s own effects. So how can a single longship uses it`s abilities again on the same turn, when there is no hero on the board anymore....the hero will be used for 1 raid but not for another raid.

My question: How can a longship be used for another raid in the same round, when the hero is gone after the first raid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Check out my first published board game: In the Name of Odin!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's unlikely, but if you start a turn with a Raid and with plenty of Vikings on your board, play only a card or two for Meeting the symbols tossed at you, and then buy another Hero (if you own the Jarl's House, that'll only cost you 1 symbol = 1 card), and then return your ship (if you own the Shipyard, it can cost you as little as 0 symbols, because of the discount and the special ability of one of the Shipyards!), and immediately go on another raid.

It's unlikely, but it's certainly doable given the right set up of buildings and cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup
Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.