GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,992 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Warhammer quest: some question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea La Rosa
msg tools
Hello,

I've some question about the game. I've already read the Unofficial_FAQ v4, but I didn't find any response

1a) If a dungeon card effect let me claim 2 equipments, do I 'resolve' the claim simoultaneously?

Example: I have already an equipment, and my equipment limit is 1. Do I draw two equipment cards and choose the one to keep between those two and mine? Or do I draw an equipment card, choose if discard it or keep it discarding the other, then draw another equipment card and choose again?

1b) If I have to resolve the claim simoultanesously (see 1a), do I have to choose the two equipments to claim (from discard pile or from the gear deck) before actually claiming? Or can I draw from the gear deck, look at the card drawn, then choose if draw another or take from the discard pile?

2) If no nemesys are face up and I roll a nemesys with the black dice, what happen?

3) if the location deck is empty, and there is a location active, fully explored, can I choose to travel? If I travel, what happen?

Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HalfonE wrote:
Hello,

I've some question about the game. I've already read the Unofficial_FAQ v4, but I didn't find any response

1a) If a dungeon card effect let me claim 2 equipments, do I 'resolve' the claim simoultaneously?

Example: I have already an equipment, and my equipment limit is 1. Do I draw two equipment cards and choose the one to keep between those two and mine? Or do I draw an equipment card, choose if discard it or keep it discarding the other, then draw another equipment card and choose again?

1b) If I have to resolve the claim simoultanesously (see 1a), do I have to choose the two equipments to claim (from discard pile or from the gear deck) before actually claiming? Or can I draw from the gear deck, look at the card drawn, then choose if draw another or take from the discard pile?

2) If no nemesys are face up and I roll a nemesys with the black dice, what happen?

3) if the location deck is empty, and there is a location active, fully explored, can I choose to travel? If I travel, what happen?

Thank you very much!

1) Not certain. I'd play it as "claim simultaneously, choose sources before revealing info" - so choose up front "I will pick two from the deck" and then reveal both together, then decide what you drop to make your carried gear a legal set. But it might depend on the exact card text, and someone else may say different.

2) Nothing happens! That's relatively rare though - it can only happen if the Nemesis for a level is dead or has shuffled itself facedown into the shadow zone. Count your (momentary) blessings.

3) I don't think that can happen in the missions in the game. If it can, the answer is you can't travel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeonardQuirm wrote:
HalfonE wrote:

3) I don't think that can happen in the missions in the game. If it can, the answer is you can't travel.

If I remember correctly in quest 4 you get the cannon for fully exploring the last location. Then the exploration tokens are discarded and you can explore again to get the cannon again.

You either win a quest by exploring the last location or you can't travel anymore from the last location and have to kill to win. Carefully reading both the winning and losing conditions of the quest you're doing should make it clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea La Rosa
msg tools
Thank for the quick response

1) I don't have the exact card text now, I'll post as soon as possible

2) ok!

3) I think it can happen in quest two (but I put the situation in the spoiler).
However, you said that the party can't travel... but there is a rule that state this, or is another hole in the rulesheet?
Because maybe it can be put in the FAQ

Spoiler (click to reveal)
In quest two, the victory condition is to fully explore the Velenarium and to kill all enemies. Not only: the rules of the mission states that whenever the party travel, the Warstone is shuffled back into the dungeon deck... so it also matter!
Yesterday, the Velenarium was fully explored but there was still an enemy to kill...

Thank you again,
cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For me, travelling means you go from one location to the next. If you're in the last location and you fully explored it, you still can't travel since there are no new location to go to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea La Rosa
msg tools
Yeah, this make sense: the party is locked in the final location until the Victory condition is met...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea La Rosa
msg tools
wspier wrote:
LeonardQuirm wrote:
HalfonE wrote:

If I remember correctly in quest 4 you get the cannon for fully exploring the last location. Then the exploration tokens are discarded and you can explore again to get the cannon again.

You either win a quest by exploring the last location or you can't travel anymore from the last location and have to kill to win. Carefully reading both the winning and losing conditions of the quest you're doing should make it clear.

Sorry, I didn't see your response

In quest two, the victory condition is to fully explore the last location AND to kill all enemies.

However, I think that the correct answer is: the party remains in the last location until all enemies are defeated...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.