Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grand Khan
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine on Monday and have played a few times (I did not bother with the P&P). One thing I noticed is that unlike Star Realms there is no way to scrap from the trade row. I wonder why that is.

I had a couple of games where no one wanted to take anything from the trade row and the game dragged a little. Additionally, it also seems that gaining health is more prevalent (at least with some hero characters). All in all, games tended to last longer than (standard) Star Realms.

Probably we are still not getting the flow of the game right, I have only limited experience with Star Realms and my wife almost none (she hated the sci-fi theme). What are your impressions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I was never a fan of those Blob cards which let you scrap cards from the trade row.

2. I can't compare both games because I use the app for star realms which speeds up the gameplay.

But I would say hero realms is faster.

- better starting deck
- if you use heroes even a more better starting deck and destructive abilities
- overall stronger cards (also cards which heal you but there are by far more cards which damage you )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Fratila
Romania
Timisoara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played yet this game, but if you say that the scrap ability is not in the game then you can make a small house rule: when you want to scrap a card from the main row, you either lose 1 gold or 1 life. And for every gold/life lost in this way, you may continue scraping. Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
1. I was never a fan of those Blob cards which let you scrap cards from the trade row.

2. I can't compare both games because I use the app for star realms which speeds up the gameplay.

But I would say hero realms is faster.

- better starting deck
- if you use heroes even a more better starting deck and destructive abilities
- overall stronger cards (also cards which heal you but there are by far more cards which damage you )

I understand the frustration but these cards are really helpful to prevent an early and unfair demise. I you can use them right, you can prevent youor opponent from gaining access to cards that would destroy you but that you can't afford. You can also make a card you need show up without having to spend your gold.

I use this kind of card a lot in Ascension and really like them. And my girlfriend always use them against me too by denying me those big fat Mechana constructs. Mean, mean girlfriend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha ;D My girlfriend isn't a competitive player.
It is really fun t play with her and she also wins a lot of matches (I'd say 40%) but I analyze game situations much more than her.
If such cards existed in hero realms she probably would always scrap any card or no card at all ;P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am curious about the decision to avoid trade row control as well. I think they want Hero Realms to be wilder and crazier, with their more powerful starting decks and higher power level of cards in general (looking at Command in particular, but it certainly doesn't stop there). Being able to scrap from the trade row and deny access to the super powered cards works against this design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cassar
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandKhan44 wrote:
Got mine on Monday and have played a few times (I did not bother with the P&P). One thing I noticed is that unlike Star Realms there is no way to scrap from the trade row. I wonder why that is.

I had a couple of games where no one wanted to take anything from the trade row and the game dragged a little. Additionally, it also seems that gaining health is more prevalent (at least with some hero characters). All in all, games tended to last longer than (standard) Star Realms.

Probably we are still not getting the flow of the game right, I have only limited experience with Star Realms and my wife almost none (she hated the sci-fi theme). What are your impressions?

I noticed the exact same things as you in my half a dozen or so games! Infact I went and re-read the rules trying to find somewhere where it might mention scrapping market cards because it has come up for me a number of times.

It feels like a Star Realms and Epic love child. Different pasted theme but with a bit more bight to the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayme Thysell
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
djcassar wrote:

It feels like a Star Realms and Epic love child.

I think you nailed the perfect description of this game. So far, I like Star Realms better, but HR seems like they have put in mechanisms for planned growth that was shoe horned into Star Realms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
Never trot when you can prance.
mbmbmbmbmb
The midrange aggro cards hit HARD, and the bombs are straight-up gamewinners. Two main uses for trade row scrapping are fishing for bombs in big money decks and denying your opponent those same bombs in aggro decks. I'm not sure either of those strategies need the boost here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.