Ruud
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord - Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I'm from the Netherlands and placed an order at CoolstuffInc for my US Santee. Unfortunately they seem to want to investigate. I did order several times in the past (always a small amount) and now I received an email that my order is on hold until they can check some things.

I received the following email request:

Because you are an International customer and your orders now total over $150, we are required to ask for some more information.

Please send the following:

1) Name and address of the bank your credit card is with.
2) Phone number of the bank
3) Name on the credit card used.
4) Daytime phone number of the credit card holder.

This information will be required for each different credit card you use.

We are unable to ship you order number until this is received.
You can either send me the correct billing address by responding to this email or call us between the hours of 8am EST and 5pm EST Monday thru Friday. Our phone number is [REDACTED].

I'm not sure what I can do about it currently. I promptly replied to the email, but I haven't got any feedback for the last couple of days. I'm still hoping to get it resolved, do you have any experience with similar stories?

Does anyone recognize this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is common. Coolstuff has certain internal benchmarks that may flag an order for scrutiny due to the level of credit card fraud in todays society.

It may be annoying but its simply a fact. I would rathrr have a store make sure its me ordering than find out 3 weeks later i placed an order that got sent to some scammer...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruud
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord - Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll keep hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.