Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know why there are these very high shipping costs from the EU store ? I'm from germany and the Sunstalker expansion is 45$ just for shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sintec
msg tools
I thought the same - it actually gets cheaper per item if you add a couple of extras.

I was going to get Gorm and SunStalker. Shipping was around $60. Added a Dung Beetle and it came down to $25 which meant it was actually cheaper for me to get the extra expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
Ireland
flag msg tools
I was wondering that as well, was going to get Gorm but the shipping is $30, nearly doubling the price, and its $30 no matter which warehouse I select which means the only benefit of selecting the EU warehouse is dodging import duties?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils Dieckmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Looks like you get a flatrate if your cart is above 100 $...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
mb
I had this issue on the last big sale from EU warehouse... the EU flatrate popped up or not in no understandable manner. I ordered Dragon King and Slenderman that time and had to write to support 6 times to get a refund on the expensive (and pretty obvious pointless) USPS postage of 66$ for an order in EU. They finally admitted that it was a glitch in the shop system, but obviously its not fixed yet, more than 3 months later.

Didn't want to go through that exhausting support showdown all over again, so I added Lion God and Lonely Tree to my Spidicules and got the EU rate. It's now 142 bucks instead of just 75 (Spidey 50 $ with correct EU shipping of just 25 $), but at least it will be worth it.

Not that these additional cash would be left over after this mornings Kickstarter extravaganza...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Wannes
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Fluidkarma wrote:
I had this issue on the last big sale from EU warehouse... the EU flatrate popped up or not in no understandable manner. I ordered Dragon King and Slenderman that time and had to write to support 6 times to get a refund on the expensive (and pretty obvious pointless) USPS postage of 66$ for an order in EU. They finally admitted that it was a glitch in the shop system, but obviously its not fixed yet, more than 3 months later.

Didn't want to go through that exhausting support showdown all over again, so I added Lion God and Lonely Tree to my Spidicules and got the EU rate. It's now 142 bucks instead of just 75 (Spidey 50 $ with correct EU shipping of just 25 $), but at least it will be worth it.

Not that these additional cash would be left over after this mornings Kickstarter extravaganza...

Wow if its a glitch and its not fixed, thats pretty serious. A few hours ago I ordered dung beetle Knight and flower Knight for $30 each. And shipping was $64. Ive already paid through paypal. Maybe I should contact support then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sintec
msg tools
Yeah you could have added SS and got a $40 reduction in Shipping, so basically a $10 SS (if my own purchase is anything to go by)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
mb
Sure, try support, but prepare for a level 3 nemesis encounter and a hard showdown. Unless they have learned from their experience a few months ago, that is. Don't give up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Shuvaev
Russia
St.Petersburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sintec wrote:
I was going to get Gorm and SunStalker. Shipping was around $60. Added a Dung Beetle and it came down to $25 which meant it was actually cheaper for me to get the extra expansion.

It's hillarious because it is exactly what happened to me. Gorm, Sunstalker, $65 Germany - Germany shipping, add Dung Beetle Knight - $25 flat rate shipping, done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Wannes
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Fluidkarma wrote:
Sure, try support, but prepare for a level 3 nemesis encounter and a hard showdown. Unless they have learned from their experience a few months ago, that is. Don't give up!

Well, wish me luck! Just emailed support if there was anyway to solve the issue...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
mb
Fingers crossed! The more people complain, the faster it gets solved for us EU customers. Last time it was just me and very few others being persistent, I guess, and lots of buyers just accepted the reply that all is perfectly correct to pay killer US postage for a package inside the EU. So, maybe no reason to change anything.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.