Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Hofstedt
United States
Oak Creek
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Perhaps you can explain why, as well.

I bit the bullet and did the Satan's Lantern pledge. I'm seriously doubting my own sanity at this point, but I couldn't help myself. I currently have nothing from KD, and have lusted after everything I've seen, so I listened to Shia Labeouf and just did it.

What about you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$1 currently. I'm trying to decide if I'd get $250 + S/H out of the game in regards to gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Friday Gambler's Lantern 2nd Face.

Because it's limited and while I can change my mind later and pledge something else (or maybe even nothing at all, though that's doubtful), I can't later change to this pledge level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Fusetti
Italy
Turate
flag msg tools
mb
Black Friday Gold Lantern

Getting the base game, which I've deeply desired for some time now, and the Gambler's chest. About the chest, don't know what's in it, but felt like something I would have regretted not backing at the end of the campaign, so I went for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Koch
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Black Friday Silver Lantern

I wanted the upgrade and the gambler's chest and the expansion seemed nice, too. I think I'll add other expansions, later. Right now I don't have 777 USD left for the Black Friday Gambler's Lantern.

Oh and I got the Ninja and the Shirt from the shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
None.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Ebner
Austria
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I already have the game and all expansions.

Started with the Black Friday Gambler's Lantern ($777) pledge.
Since I will likely move overseas this spring did I change it to the Black Friday Gambler's Lantern 2nd Face ($927) as soon as this level was added so I don't have to carry/ship my copy around. And I am looking forward to building the mini's again :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilly Berto
United States
flag msg tools
750. Getting the expansions in the store can be a pain after the fact and will likely cost much more. Essentially I am paying 400 bucks for 12 expansions, or a bit less than 35 bucks a piece. Considering some were selling for over 100 it is a steal. Not sure if I will add the new ones as well, but probably.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I grabbed a Black Friday Gamblers Lantern pledge. It's a fair bit more than I planned to go in for, but I figure that if the value is there it could REALLY be there, and I didn't want to be kicking myself for having missed it. I want all the gameplay add one in this KS, and will probably sell off most of the pin ups that come with the pledge to recoup some of the cost.

If towards the end of the campaign (or indeed tomorrow, if Poots reveals everything at once) I don't feel it is worthwhile, I'll drop down to the $185 pledge for the upgrade and Gamblers Box / basic stretch goals, and then pick and choose expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have all the first KS content but I went for the Black Friday Gambler's Lantern 2nd Face pledge because I know my core game will suffer during the next months.
When I receive the new content, I want everything to be as new.
I figured that adding 150$ to get a brand new core game is worth it.

I could have gone all in but I'm not that rich and I know that the expansions won't suffer that much in the meantime (the core game probably will).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao F. Falaschi
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
In this city there are those who'd live alone. Twilight brings them from the gloom into our homes. And hiding there among the wreckage left behind. They see things that aren't there when they close their eyes
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Friday Silver Lantern

I will add the expansions as they come and I'm not at all interested in the non-gaming stuff like pinups and T-Shirts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Gambler, 2nd Face. I WANT that t-shirt!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
I would like a black friday gamblers lantern, but missed out.

So I am a silver lantern. I'm now thinking about getting a few of the expansions in the campaign and, hopefully, the others when the pledge manager opens up. It will cost more, but I can spread out the cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Friday Lantern (200).
As far as I can see the basegame alone has plenty of game in it.
I'll propably will add two or three expansions. But This is one of those KSs that kill my inner completionist. There's no way I can afford that so I'm staying with what is really needed.
Shippment for the basgame is planned to ship next summer. So mabe I can get a bit of playtime before BlackFriday next year and then order another expansion or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
This is punishment for hating the Spidicules, Fen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toast
msg tools
mb
I pledged for Black Friday Lantern ($200), but wish I would've chosen Black Friday Gold Lantern ($300) with the Gambler's Chest instead when I had the chance. I was debating on changing it, but even the 500 extra slots for Gold were gone within a couple of minutes, and I didn't make up my mind in time.

I proceeded to order a bunch of expansions from the KD:M store at half off to drown my sorrow.

Edit: Got lucky and switched.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ayki Don Kyanon
Germany
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Missed the first KS

I backed the Black Friday Gold Lantern (300$) but I am quite uneasy and thought about changing to Ancient Gold Lantern.

Then I thought: Heck he will surely again make wonderful expansions.
Now I am thinking about the Black Friday Gamblers Lantern 2nd (927$).
Although it is a little too pricy and I have no need for pinups, the shirt or promos.

I really need some advice. Can I sell the stuff afterwards to player who are interested in collecting stuff to even out that it is slightly too pricy?
Or should I even switch to the old stuff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Jones
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
In for $777 as I already have everything at the minute and would want all the new expansions eventually anyway. Hopefully it will end up a decent deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Kyanoe wrote:
Missed the first KS

I backed the Black Friday Gold Lantern (300$) but I am quite uneasy and thought about changing to Ancient Gold Lantern.

Then I thought: Heck he will surely again make wonderful expansions.
Now I am thinking about the Black Friday Gamblers Lantern 2nd (927$).
Although it is a little too pricy and I have no need for pinups, the shirt or promos.

I really need some advice. Can I sell the stuff afterwards to player who are interested in collecting stuff to even out that it is slightly too pricy?
Or should I even switch to the old stuff?

Don't undersell the shirts man. They are awesome. And probably the rarest of KDM items Poots made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have Black Friday Gambler's Lantern, but will change to Silver Lantern and add some expansions if the $777 price will not be justified by game content. I don't care for pinups (ever) or promos (unless they are super cool). But took it just in case there are a lot expansions

Will let you guys know here before the end of KS if I will want to drop it, so maybe someone can pick it up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
12 expansions at $50 (low estimate) + everything from the $195 = $795 at least in the $777 pledge. THEN you get all the promos and pinups on top. That's the math I'm counting on If there's less expansions or they don't appeal to me this will change my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The $750 pledge, if you're a newcomer is actually ****ing good value. Taking into account the core box if you can find it is $400, the old expansions work out at ~$29 each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Charabaruk
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Black Friday Lantern ($200). I missed the original KS so I'd like to try the core first. As well, I'm in on several other KS campaigns, it is near Christmas so I have to buy presents for my family, and the USD-CAD conversion automatically adds on another 35%.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett MacDonald
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the $200 core game and couldn't click back this project fast enough (ended up being backer 36... holy cow some people are faaaaast). Then spent about ten minutes hemming and hawing over the gold pledge with the gamblers chest as honestly I couldn't figure out what it was... when the number got down to 300 or so left.... I switched (at the time there were plenty of base game EB left) after realizing I had been hoping just the core game would be $300.... so why not go for all the extra stuff? Clearly the prices were great so I can trust Poots to make that chest worth my while. Then when I found out the chest was the SG... and looked at over 1 million in 10 or so minutes... yeah I knew I would be happy with that....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ayki Don Kyanon
Germany
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
portcullis_sk wrote:
The $750 pledge, if you're a newcomer is actually ****ing good value. Taking into account the core box if you can find it is $400, the old expansions work out at ~$29 each.

Thinking about taking the Black Friday Gamblers Lantern 2nd (927$) pledge with the option to switch to 750$ as you can add the addons seperately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.