The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: 'Ranged' attacks player order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Devos
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently there has been something on my mind that I can't seem to wrap my finger around.

The Ranged keyword allows a character to attack an enemy on the other side of the table.
So if i have Legolas for example, and my partner engages an attack on his combat turn I can choose to exhaust Legolas and add his 3 attack power to whatever my partner already has commited.

However what if I am the first player and must declare attacks first. I can use Legolas to attack across the board, sure. But is my partner at that moment allowed to commit his own attackers too? Or is he prohibited from doing this because it's not his turn?

(I realise you could just keep Legolas ready till it's the other guys turn, but sometimes it might be benificial to kill something as fast as possible. Future enemy effects (or existing ones, I dont know, only own first 3 cycles) that for example skip a players combat phase but not prohibiting their characters to attack for example, or something that would do damage as soon as the other player starts its attack phase)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Voske4000 wrote:
Recently there has been something on my mind that I can't seem to wrap my finger around.

The Ranged keyword allows a character to attack an enemy on the other side of the table.
So if i have Legolas for example, and my partner engages an attack on his combat turn I can choose to exhaust Legolas and add his 3 attack power to whatever my partner already has commited.

However what if I am the first player and must declare attacks first. I can use Legolas to attack across the board, sure. But is my partner at that moment allowed to commit his own attackers too? Or is he prohibited from doing this because it's not his turn?

(I realise you could just keep Legolas ready till it's the other guys turn, but sometimes it might be benificial to kill something as fast as possible. Future enemy effects (or existing ones, I dont know, only own first 3 cycles) that for example skip a players combat phase but not prohibiting their characters to attack for example, or something that would do damage as soon as the other player starts its attack phase)

You have the right line of thinking. If you are the first player and attack another player's enemy with Legolas, that player cannot participate in the attack. Of course, as you said, you could wait with Legolas until the other player declares an attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.