6 Posts

The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wrath ability and Hero Death rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Sorgel
France
flag msg tools
If a Hero dies in a fight against abominations of Wrath and kill a monster at the same time, it triggers the ability of Wrath "each time a monster is destroyed in a fight, move any monster 1 space unless current hero takes 1 corruption".
Does hero player can take 1 corruption before dying or hits are applied before and there is no means to counter the movement of monster ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
uscorpse wrote:
If a Hero dies in a fight against abominations of Wrath and kill a monster at the same time, it triggers the ability of Wrath "each time a monster is destroyed in a fight, move any monster 1 space unless current hero takes 1 corruption".
Does hero player can take 1 corruption before dying or hits are applied before and there is no means to counter the movement of monster ?

I'd say the hero doesn't get corruption since he is already killed in the fight. Since he is not able to take corruption, then, a monster has to be moved 1 space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like Eric Lang's design's but I have not seen him post once on any of his games, which bugs me. Kaos Ball was plagued with questions; Not one answer from the man himself. Portal games, Riot Games and many other's have the designers answer, usually within hours of posting. I wish Eric would chime in occasionally to show some support for his own designs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JaspeLoedm wrote:
I like Eric Lang's design's but I have not seen him post once on any of his games, which bugs me. Kaos Ball was plagued with questions; Not one answer from the man himself. Portal games, Riot Games and many other's have the designers answer, usually within hours of posting. I wish Eric would chime in occasionally to show some support for his own designs.

Thiago Aranha has answered some questions before, maybe he could chime in again sometime?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Thiago will. But meanwhile, all I can say is that if it was me playing, I would say that there is no means to stop the monster teleporting on this situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Wardrop
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The 'current player' is almost always the one in the fight dying. There may be some strange exceptions, but generally speaking (Since the Sins player cannot attack a hero unless it's their turn) it is the turn of the active player.

Pg. 41 - IMMEDIATELY when the 5th wound marker is placed on a hero's dashboard, that hero is killed. There is what happens: If it is that hero's turn, it ends prematurely.

Therefore, Wraith will almost definitely lose out on his ability to move a monster, since the turn is instantly over when the active hero dies.

This is true whether the hero started the fight and died, or the Sins player reacted to the active hero, and got him in a fight, and he died (It's still that Hero's turn, and the turn ends).

If, somehow, hypothetically, a hero dies but it is another hero's turn, it's THAT hero that would be offered the choice to take corruption.

Effectively, no you cannot elect to take corruption after you're dead, but it doesn't really matter since all the effects that would change are lost anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.