$30.00
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this pop up during checkout on Amazon.

Take $25 off your $50+ order of items shipped and sold by Amazon when you use AMEX Reward Points during checkout and enter AMEX16EVER in the coupon/promo code spot.

You can use a single solitary point and still get the deal.

Under payment method just go to the AMEX rewards point section and enter ".01" as the amount to pay with points and you may qualify for the $25 discount.

In my experience with this kind of Amazon deal it will only work if you've never used a related offer before, and it appears to be targeted so YMMV. (Your Mileage May Vary)

edit: Also be sure to see the post directly below this for the Discover code! (which doesn't require $50 minimum purchase)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Shannon Berry
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: AMEX / Amazon $25 Discount Off Any Order When You Use (any) AMEX Reward Points During Checkout
This is a $25 off $50 deal. However, the code DISC16EVER will do the same thing for Discover points, $15 promotional credit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: AMEX / Amazon $25 Off $50 When You Use (any) AMEX Reward Points During Checkout
iceman23 wrote:
This is a $25 off $50 deal.

Thank you! Have edited the subject to reflect this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colleen Hysell
United States
Tequesta
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: AMEX / Amazon $25 Off $50 When You Use (any) AMEX Reward Points During Checkout
Note: Apparently you must be an Amazon Prime member for this deal; I tried with both AMEX and Discover and the codes didn't work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: AMEX / Amazon $25 Off $50 When You Use (any) AMEX Reward Points During Checkout - Targeted YMMV
Zinnia wrote:
Note: Apparently you must be an Amazon Prime member for this deal; I tried with both AMEX and Discover and the codes didn't work.

Were you sure that at least $50 of products shipped and sold by Amazon were in your cart. Anything from a third party merchant will not qualify.

I just found the full terms. Prime is not required but the offer is apparently targeted so it won't work for everyone.

Quote:
AMEX Promotion Terms and Conditions 2016
1. This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end at 11:59 PT on 12/31/2016, or while supplies last. The promotion code will expire concurrently. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.

2. To redeem the offer, you must be logged into an account which has been active for 90 days or longer.

3. Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $50 of eligible products, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is entered at checkout. Taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.

4. The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $25 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled Card.

5. Offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon.com in the past twenty four months.

6. Offer does not apply to the purchase of digital content.

7. Offer only applies to eligible products sold by Amazon.com.

8. Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.

9. Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.

10. Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.

11. Offer may not be combined with other offers.

12. Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.

13. Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than $25.

14. If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the card amount first, followed by Membership Rewards points.

15. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.

16. Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.

17. This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible American Express card issued in the United States.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh B
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Nu--worked great for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gallo
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uggg, limitation number 5 kills it for me. I get the amex points off my corporate card which is like a free game every month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Grimsby

Manassas
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't see where you can enter reward points for a purchase at amazon even when using an AMEX as payment method. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Grimsby

Manassas
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hmm. I tried to register my AMEX through a link at amazon [geekurl=https://www.amazon.com/gp/shopwithpoints/marketing.html?inc=swpamex&pr=swpamex]https://www.amazon.com/gp/shopwithpoints/marketing.html?inc=...://www.amazon.com/gp/shopwithpoints/marketing.html?inc=swpamex&pr=swpamex[/geekurl] and it said my AMEX was not a membership rewards account. That must be a very specific kind of AMEX program, cuz I do have reward points. sigh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Hall
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an everyday rewards card and a gold rewards card and they both work on amazon, if that's any help.

The promo does not work for me however, sadly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
reapinwombat wrote:
I don't see where you can enter reward points for a purchase at amazon even when using an AMEX as payment method. Any suggestions?

Are you using a card that offers membership reward points? (example: Delta and BlueCash don't, Platinum does)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martin
msg tools
mbmbmb
iceman23 wrote:
This is a $25 off $50 deal. However, the code DISC16EVER will do the same thing for Discover points, $15 promotional credit.

FYI The discover code does not need to meet the $50 threshold. I just purchased a $27 game, and the code brought it down to $12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sambardo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Worked well for me too, thanks for the heads up.

Netrunner lightning deal + Treasure Hunters for like $21 made the point ratio pretty worth it for once!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Foster
United States
Malibu
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AMEX points are not very efficient on Amazon. You get $0.75 per 100 points on Amazon but $1.00 per 100 points at Gap, Williams Sonoma, etc. I'd be thrilled to be wrong but this is how it was last I checked. I guess the optimal is to only spend a few points, as suggested above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sambardo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
This was correct when I looked too. The rate of points on amazon isn't great, but it wouldn't let me split points with another payment method. It was either all point, all gift card, all CC, or point/AMEX card. I tried to do 1 cent in points and the rest on the GC, but it just won't let me split it.

My AMEX points come from business travel, so I can't charge personal things to the card without a lot of hassle.

By using points here I spent around $29 worth of points, to get ~$45 worth of games, which made it very worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurie V
United States
San Francisco Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks OP, works for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't work for me. Guess I wasn't one of the "targeted."

Great deal for those that are though! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a note for others, I don't think I used the AMEX promotion before but the promo code didn't work. I used online chat, and they very nicely applied the promo to my order after checking my eligibility. Use this link for the AMEX offer when they ask for it.

https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=14220395011&tag=articl...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmb
Discover code worked for me. Cancelled an order that was 20 minutes old and re-purchased everything with the code. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Shannon Berry
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Discover code worked for me. Cancelled an order that was 20 minutes old and re-purchased everything with the code. Thanks.

Nice. I coupled the Discover code with the Queen games Black Friday deal. Hello $5 Kingdom Builder!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sambardo wrote:
it wouldn't let me split points with another payment method. It was either all point, all gift card, all CC, or point/AMEX card. I tried to do 1 cent in points and the rest on the GC, but it just won't let me split it.

When you select a rewards point card for payment there should be three radio buttons available "Pay the entire order with points", "Choose different amount", and "Do not apply points".

"Choose a different amount" is what opens up the field where you can enter ".01" to spend only a single reward point.

At that point the remainder will be charged to the Amex card you have selected itself.

The only way to split it with yet another payment method (that I know of) is if you've already applied a gift card balance to your account. In this case if you scroll to the bottom of your payment options list you will see "Your Balances" where you can choose to use your account balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.