Subject: wanted to start buying and playing dixit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincennes Faronto
Indonesia
palembang
flag msg tools
hello everyone

i wanted to buy a dixit game but there is so many selection out there.
so considering prices on amazon and the art and the added value and some other factors, please advice me which one should i get.

i am thinking of getting a base game + 1 expansion (or tow if there is a good deal).

thank you so much..

Vincent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikolaos Kamoudis
Greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dixit is for 3-6
dixit odyssey is for 3-12

They have different components for the players

pick dixit 6 or 7 they have good art for start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Dixit world is a wild and crazy one as many revisions of the game have been released. For an in depth look at what the different versions are, check out this Geeklist: Dixit Product Guide

A quick summary of what to get is:
1. Get a stand alone version of one of the Dixit games so that you have a score track, scoring chits, and 84 base cards. Stand alone versions are found in large square boxes.
2. Get as many expansions as you want to increase the re-playability of the game. Expansions are found in thin rectangular boxes.

Here is a break down of what is available (some are old and can only be found second hand):
Dixit (stand alone) - Multiple different versions - large square box - up to 6 players. Includes 84 cards.
Dixit Quest (originally called Dixit 2 - expansion) - thin rectangular box. Includes 84 cards.
Dixit Odyssey (stand alone) - large square box - up to 12 players (uses weird peg scoring system). Includes 84 cards.
Dixit Odyssey (expansion) - thin rectangular box. Includes 84 cards that are identical to stand alone version.
Dixit Journey (originally called Dixit 3 - expansion) - thin rectangular box. Includes 81 cards.
Dixit Journey (stand alone) - Multiple different versions - large square box - up to 6 players - Includes 81 cards that are identical to expansion version but with 3 new cards added for a total of 84.
Dixit 4 Origins - (expansion) - thin rectangular box. Includes 84 cards.
Dixit 5 Day Dreams - (expansion) - thin rectangular box. Includes 84 cards.
Dixit 6 Memories - (expansion) - thin rectangular box. Includes 84 cards.
Dixit 7 Revelations - (expansion) - thin rectangular box. Includes 84 cards.

Dixit Jinx - Stand alone game that is not compatible with the Dixit Series listed above.

Edit: My families personal favourites for card art are Dixit (stand alone) and Dixit Journey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincennes Faronto
Indonesia
palembang
flag msg tools
thanks everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that the art is different after Odyssey. If that's something you care about, I recommend getting original Dixit, Dixit Quest, and Odyssey. They're all the same artist, and they all fit perfectly in the Odyssey box. You don't really need more cards than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.