Subject: dixit again rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincennes Faronto
Indonesia
palembang
flag msg tools
hello everyone

i wanted to buy a dixit game but there is so many selection out there.
so considering prices on amazon and the art and the added value and some other factors, please advice me which one should i get.

i am thinking of getting a base game + 1 expansion (or tow if there is a good deal).

thank you so much..

Vincent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik G
Netherlands
Waalre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest, i really don't think it matters. You need a base game (odysee is also a base game) and yes, after some plays you will need an expansion.

But even though the expansion all have a 'theme', they all look the same. Don't get me wrong, i have a lot of them - i just mean to say that any expansion is good. They all are from a great quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik G
Netherlands
Waalre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ps. My gf says Dixit: Memories is the cutest of them all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincennes Faronto
Indonesia
palembang
flag msg tools
casaubon wrote:
Ps. My gf says Dixit: Memories is the cutest of them all

this bit is important because my gf is a big influence in my gaming too lol, cheers mate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
r0t1 prata
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Dixit: Odyssey(the out of print 12player-scoreboard edition), Daydreams and Memories.

I like Memories the most due to the vibrant colors used and also the characters in the cards.

In Memories, I can find more references to fairy tales/animations/stories as compared to the other 2.
Also, A friend gave "Hayao Miyazaki" as a clue and I realised that there are quite a number of cards which gave that similar feeling to his artworks. Hayao Miyazaki is the creator of "My Neighbor Totoro".

In Odyssey, most of the cards are either showing characters going towards a destination or the destination itself.

In Daydreams, the colors used are dull and gloomy, I'm still okay with it as it provide a different feel from what we're usually looking at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corina AC
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have yet to play the new one, only sleeved it really fast, but I have ranked the other ones according to how they look and play as following (from best to, erm, least best meeple):
1. Dixit Base game
2. Memories
3. Journey
4. Quest
5. Odyssey
6. Origins
7. Daydreams

Revelations lools really nice, so I expect it to land in the top 3. I must add that I own all of them and I like them all meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincennes Faronto
Indonesia
palembang
flag msg tools
thank you everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
Artwise, I like Memories and Revelations the best, but I would choose the one that suits your taste the most

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincennes Faronto
Indonesia
palembang
flag msg tools
thanks everyone i decided to buy dixit the base game as oppose to base odyssey since its on sale on amazon.
additionally i also buy the memories since its mostly everyone recommend it.

good day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.