Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dash T
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
It seems some people are confused with the pledge levels.
Here is a quick summary I put together to help people choose the pledge they want ... hopefully it helps ...

If you are a new player without the core game, you have the following options:

Lantern - $250 (Black Friday Lantern has further $50 discount)
- Kingdom Death: Monster Core Game 1.5

This gives you ONLY the base game without any stretch goals or expansions.
This pledge is for backers who have never owned/played Kingdom Death: Monster and want to give the game a try without investing too much.
This is the absolute bare minimum to experience the game.

Gold Lantern - $350 (Black Friday Gold Lantern has further $50 discount)
- Gambler's Chest (aka stretch goals)

This gives you the base game and Gambler's Chest (which is commonly known as stretch goals in KS projects).
This pledge is for backers who want to try the game and also want all the stretch goals that will be unlocked during the campaign.

Ancient Gold Lantern - $750
- All 12 Current Expansions:
-- Dragon King
-- Flower Knight
-- Lion Knight
-- Dung Beetle Knight
-- Slender Man
-- Man Hunter
-- The Lonely Tree
-- Gorm
-- Spidicules
-- Sunstalker
-- Lion God
-- Green Knight Armor
This gives you the base game, stretch goals unlocked during this campaign, and all the expansions released so far.
This pledge is for new backers who want to fully catch up with ALL Kingdom Death: Monster game expansions up to now and keep new expansions as optional purchase.

Black Friday Gambler's Lantern 2nd Face - $927
- Exclusive Gambler T-Shirt
- All new* expansions from this kickstarter
- All new* pinups from this kickstarter
- All new* promos from this kickstarter
This gives you the base game, stretch goals, T-shirt, and all new expansions and promos in this kickstarter.
For those of you who want to collect everything from this kickstart and slowly add exciting expansions into your collection, this is the option for you.
I feel this is the opposite of Ancient Gold Lantern.

Satan's Lantern - $1666
Yup. That is right. Everything
If you are a new backer who want absolutely everything, this is for you.
This is the true one click and get everything deal!! Get it!!

If you already own the core game from previous KS or retail:

Lantern Upgrade $60 (Black Friday Lantern Upgrade has further $10 discount)
- Kingdom Death Monster 1.5 Update Pack
This updates your core game from previous KS(1.0) to the latest version (1.5).
This pledge is for backers who own the core game and wants to get the updated game materials only.
Nah, you don't want this.

Silver Lantern Upgrade $195 (Black Friday Silver Lantern Upgrade has further $10 discount)
- Kingdom Death Monster 1.5 Update Pack
- The First Hero Expansion
This updates your core game from previous KS(1.0) to the latest version(1.5), plus any stretch goals that unlocked during this campaign and The First Hero Expansion.
This pledge is for backers who want to add new expansions selectively while enjoying all the stretch goals unlocked during this campaign.
Since Black Friday Gambler's Lantern pledge are all gone now. This is probably the most common pledge for previous backers or players who own the core game to choose from.

Black Friday Gambler's Lantern $777
This is the option for people who owns the core game and all current expansions. Unfortunately none left.

Satan's Lantern - $1666
Why not?

Please let me know if I made any mistakes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Why should the Gambler's Chest replace Stretch Goals? In the Lantern Pledge level it clearly says

Quote:
This pledge level includes any stretch goals or upgrades for the rewards listed below:

For me that means that the Stretch Goals are included.
The Gambler's Chest seems to be additional game material that is currently not revealed completely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Yarab
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
I did the gold lantern. Does that include the first hero expansion? If not, what pledge level do I select or add? Shit is confusing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toast
msg tools
mb
dyarab wrote:
I did the gold lantern. Does that include the first hero expansion? If not, what pledge level do I select or add? Shit is confusing...

As far as I understand you simply add $35 to your pledge amount regardless of pledge level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Villa
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original "Gambler's Lantern" pledge on the Kickstarter page says it included a 1.5 Upgrade Pack and not a full game, but the new "Gambler's Lantern 2nd Face" pledge says 1.5 full game. Is this a typo in the "Gamblers Lantern" pledge or do they both come with full games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The 777$ pledge comes with the update cards only (no core game)
The 927$ pledge is the same pledge + the core game updated.
This means that with the second pledge, you have the core game for 150$
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Yarab
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
toastp13pm4tz wrote:
dyarab wrote:

As far as I understand you simply add $35 to your pledge amount regardless of pledge level.

Thank you. Adding $35 to my pledge now.

And then I wait... at least I'm training for an Ironman, hopefully that will make the time seem to pass quicker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toast
msg tools
mb
dajebriza wrote:
The original "Gambler's Lantern" pledge on the Kickstarter page says it included a 1.5 Upgrade Pack and not a full game, but the new "Gambler's Lantern 2nd Face" pledge says 1.5 full game. Is this a typo in the "Gamblers Lantern" pledge or do they both come with full games?

It's not a typo. I think the $777 pledge level sold out after Poots went to bed, whereas $927 was added shortly after the campaign launched following some feedback. I assume a comparable pledge level will be made available soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Lantern - $250

Pledge includes SG's (for the core set).

Changelog shows $$$, so I'm assuming the Changelong is the SG's.

Quote:

The Gamblers's Chest only says, "During the campaign, we will be rolling d100 on the rewards table below", so doesn't say if it's a SG or what.

We'll have a better idea tomorrow, so TIA for the post!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dash T
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
dyarab wrote:

It is not including first hero expansion. I believe Poots will put each expansions in a list and you can add the ledge accordingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dash T
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
dajebriza wrote:

I know it sounds confusing. As far as what's written on KS so far:

Black Friday Gambler's Lantern - comes with 1.5 Upgrade Pack which is only for those who already owns a copy of the game.

Black Friday Gambler's Lantern 2nd Face - on the other hand. comes with core game (with buildin 1.5) which is designed for new comers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paireon Skiboute
Canada
flag msg tools
OK, so several things were revealed, and this looks like as good a place as any to clarify things and count them down:

1-Green Knight Armor IS the 12th expansion (see the FAQ at the bottom of the KS page)

2-Gambler's Chest items are maybe one type of stretch goal, but not the sole one. As the funding has completely blown away Poots' predictions, he will reveal the other SGs gradually throughout the campaign, likely with no funding price attached; suffice to say that there's a metric fuckton of loot we don't even know about that we already have (depending on pledge level of course). Gambler's Chest items are revealed by periodic rolls, but we are very likely to have all of them by the end, plus a few (or more) extras (like the Sci-Fi Aya for Cyber Monday, or the "penalty" to be added due to Poots fudging his nov. 28 roll).

3-First Hero expansion is included in the following pledge levels:
-Silver Lantern
-Black Friday Gambler's Lantern
-Black Friday Gambler's Lantern 2nd Face
-Satan's Lantern
-Twin Satan's Lantern
Other levels are those that have to get it as an add-on.

4-So far, Gambler's Lantern has been revealed to contain:
-Philosophy of Death (new system affecting character growth)
-Nightmare Adam (mini + cards)
-White Fang (narrative mini)
-Last Axeman Standing (narrative mini + card)
-Sci-Fi Aya (mini + cards)

I can do a more detailed pledge level content list for copying and pasting, I'm so ridiculously pumped for this KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dash T
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Don't get too excited. The game can be very very grim and frustrating

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paireon Skiboute
Canada
flag msg tools
DashT wrote:
Don't get too excited. The game can be very very grim and frustrating

I fail to see how this is bad. As Dwarf Fortress fans say, "losing is fun". laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Tauer Sir Tauer
China
Shanghai
Jiading
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a "small" mistake in the first listing:
The Satan pledges do not contain everything revealed. The Crossover miniatures of the current KS will not be part of that pledge level.
At the moment only one figure, but still.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chantal Noordeloos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's a FrogDog level now too, and a God FrogDog or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greasy Reese
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
There's a post here that compares the cost of various pledges (and gameplay-content-only packages):
Kickstarter Cost Analysis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.