Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Miles
United States
Austin
Texas (TX)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Frederick Middleton card directs you to "reveal 1 aspect from each trait" in voir dire. Would you choose a trait (Catholic on the religion trait, for example) and then reveal it for each of the 12 potential jurors? The card doesn't specify how many jurors it applies to. I'm not sure how this one plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Neilitz
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
The way I understood it is that you reveal 1 tile from each trait (ie. religion, language, and occupation). These can be on different jurors. So at the end of this card's voir dire action, you should have revealed 3 tiles total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loic Mulaire
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scottneil wrote:
The way I understood it is that you reveal 1 tile from each trait (ie. religion, language, and occupation). These can be on different jurors. So at the end of this card's voir dire action, you should have revealed 3 tiles total.

This is correct. At least that's how Alex taught us
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Berry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Neilitz, is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Miles
United States
Austin
Texas (TX)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuttle757 wrote:
Scott Neilitz, is correct.

So while I understand what the rule is (from this thread), doesn't the rule book make it clear that the aspect is the subcategory (farmer, catholic, etc.) and the trait is the overarching category? The rectangular markers are called aspect markers whereas the square markers are trait markers, for instance. Or is the rule book trying to say that the farmer, etc. tokens go onto the aspect track (even though those tracks are clearly labeled "trait")?

I can't see how the Louis Riel card works given the rule book is worded. If you are supposed to reveal any combination of up to 5 traits (traits being defined in the rule book as Occupation, Language, and Religon), but no more than 3 of an aspect, how would you know if you're about to reveal more than 3? Must you stop choosing that trait once you get to your 3rd, if that were to happen? Or are the definitions of trait and aspect flipped?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is functionally the same as the Defence Evidence card "A Purely Constitutional Movement" which is worded
Quote:
Reveal 1 Trait marker of each type

it's just worded differently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.