Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: The Upgrade vs Core Game Pledge Levels Need to be Clearer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
New Castle
Delaware
flag msg tools
I suspect there will be a lot of people who will back the Black Friday Gambler's Lantern/Silver Lantern levels and not realise it doesn't include the core game.
They need to be renamed to "Black Friday Gambler's Lantern Upgrade"/"Silver Lantern Upgrade" and say "Core game not included!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Jones
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
If people can't read enough to figure that out they wouldn't be able to play the game anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Castle
Delaware
flag msg tools
True, but it's better to prevent these situations than have a bunch of angry people. It could be a confused parent purchasing a gift for his kid or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Boyeldieu
United Kingdom
Glasgow
-
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hish wrote:
True, but it's better to prevent these situations than have a bunch of angry people. It could be a confused parent purchasing a gift for his kid or something.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't show this game to my kids or my parents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Castle
Delaware
flag msg tools
Fine a non-gamer buying a gift for their gamer spouse lol. Or an artist backing just to paint the minis.

It wouldn't hurt to make things clearer and more user-friendly. It just means more money (which means better stretch goals for us) and less drama.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
theweefrenchman wrote:

Yeah, I probably wouldn't show this game to my kids or my parents.

"Look honey, a wet nurse!"
"Uh..."
"And it was only seventy five dollars!"
"I want a divorce. Please stay away from my kids."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh god...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig O'Connor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hish wrote:
I suspect there will be a lot of people who will back the Black Friday Gambler's Lantern/Silver Lantern levels and not realise it doesn't include the core game.
They need to be renamed to "Black Friday Gambler's Lantern Upgrade"/"Silver Lantern Upgrade" and say "Core game not included!"

*hangs head in shame* I initially did this, mainly because of the madness surrounding the number of pledge levels and the highly limited nature of some of them.

I am naturally suspicious though, and once I read through the (rather confusing) information, upped it to the core set pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Twizzleman
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Loopstah wrote:
If people can't read enough to figure that out they wouldn't be able to play the game anyway.

This.

All you have to do is take a moment to read the description to see that these levels don't include the base game. It's not hard. And there certainly doesn't need to be a post on here complaining about it. That's just silly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
If this Kickstarter is handled with a pledge manager as the last one was, there will be plenty of time after the Kickstarter ends for bakcers to allocate their pledges to suit their needs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Clearly people shouldn't be allowed to vote or use their own money because they might be tricked. If only we knew someone whose broad shoulders could hold up control of all the votes and monies...hmmm... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone give me all your money, and I will distribute pledge rewards that are suitable for each of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Castle
Delaware
flag msg tools
Hybrid269 wrote:
Loopstah wrote:

This.

All you have to do is take a moment to read the description to see that these levels don't include the base game. It's not hard. And there certainly doesn't need to be a post on here complaining about it. That's just silly.

I mentioned several instances in my second post about situations where people wouldn't play the game. And in this thread there is an example of someone intelligent making the mistake.
I also saw a few online posts where people were corrected about the pledge levels.

Anyways, you can't rename reward levels and Poots mentioned which levels have the core in the last update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.