Hide
9 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Old Expansions with 1.5 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gavin Rutledge
msg tools
Seeing as the core game is getting an overhaul with the 1.5 version, will the old expansions available via the webstore still be completely compatible? Or will there be an upgrade pack for the expansions to bring them up to 1.5?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Boyeldieu
United Kingdom
Glasgow
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Malarialist wrote:
Seeing as the core game is getting an overhaul with the 1.5 version, will the old expansions available via the webstore still be completely compatible? Or will there be an upgrade pack for the expansions to bring them up to 1.5?

The upgrade from 1.3 to 1.5 does not involve any changes to the basic rules of the game. There will be some tweaks to power levels of certain cards. The expansions will still be compatible, at least until version 2.0 is announced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
1.5 is errata and clarifications to the rules. Core game is still solid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet none of the existing expansions will work with 1.5!!!

Just kidding! Why would Poots do that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Backing 1.5 has thrust me into an eclectic group of gamers, hasn't it...

[edit = I like it]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Styfen wrote:
theweefrenchman wrote:
The expansions will still be compatible, at least until version 2.0 is announced.

Let's not start rumour mongering that far ahead. The 1.5 Kickstarter has a timeline that runs till 2020. So no need for confusion and doubt.

The core 1.5 game or update 1.5 = Wave 1; will be released next year in summer, see here for details:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-mon...

[Under section: Wave 1 - Estimated Delivery Summer 2017]

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, but fen meant that there will be no further upgrade to the rules (a "version 2.0") until 2020 at least, since this Kickstarter will complete fulfillment in that date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
yeah, but fen meant that there will be no further upgrade to the rules (a "version 2.0") until 2020 at least, since this Kickstarter will complete fulfillment in that date.

Eh, I'm pretty sure we're going to get our hands on at something resembling 1.7 by the time this is done. The time table at least is much more conservative this go around but as for scope and scope creep, I'll reserve judgement on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.