Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr. Finn's Games has three Black Friday Sales going on today:

- BOGO on select Dr. Finn games (includes Biblios Dice!)
- Cash back on total purchase price (varies)
- Combo pack that includes either Karuba, CoB Card Game, Broom Service, Thief's Market, or For Crown and Kingdom

Doesn't look like you can combine the cash back with either of the combo deals. Some pretty good deals, though. I'd grab Karuba if I didn't already have every Dr. Finn game on Earth.

http://doctorfinns.com/shop.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
texascpa wrote:
Dr. Finn's Games has three Black Friday Sales going on today:

- BOGO on select Dr. Finn games (includes Biblios Dice!)
- Cash back on total purchase price (varies)
- Combo pack that includes either Karuba, CoB Card Game, Broom Service, Thief's Market, or For Crown and Kingdom

Doesn't look like you can combine the cash back with either of the combo deals. Some pretty good deals, though. I'd grab Karuba if I didn't already have every Dr. Finn game on Earth.

http://doctorfinns.com/shop.html

I've extended the sale to Cyber Monday. After that, I'll be ending it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Eagles
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up BOGO Biblios Dice + Institute for Magical Arts and COB The Butterfly Garden combo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jill Pearon
United States
Potsdam
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Dr. Finn!!

Great deal with the rebate!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome, Jill. Thanks for supporting my company!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Boots
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I've never Dr. Finn-ed before and word on the street is that now is the time! Any recommendations on top 2?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dboots wrote:
I've never Dr. Finn-ed before and word on the street is that now is the time! Any recommendations on top 2?!

What kind of games do you like? If you would like recommendations from me, I can give them to you, though perhaps you'd rather have it from an "objective" source than the designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Boots
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Oh that would be most helpful! I think our sweet spot is euro-esque, worker placement-y, middle weight with a hint of conflict and typically played with 2 players.. but always open to ideas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCaughey
United States
Woodland Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dboots wrote:
Oh that would be most helpful! I think our sweet spot is euro-esque, worker placement-y, middle weight with a hint of conflict and typically played with 2 players.. but always open to ideas

Here's what you do:

B1G1 = Institute for Magical Arts + Capo die Capi (26.95)
+
Broom Service + Biblios Dice (48)
=
75 of the most well-spent dollars of your life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MathMathCalculation wrote:
dboots wrote:

Here's what you do:

B1G1 = Institute for Magical Arts + Capo die Capi (26.95)
+
Broom Service + Biblios Dice (48)
=
75 of the most well-spent dollars of your life.

I can't argue with that!

My game that most fits your description of a euro-esque, middle weight, hint of conflict game is The Institute of Magical Arts. Although it is a dice rolling game, there are many ways to mitigate bad rolls.

Most of my other games are lighter, except for Foragers. That game has received criticism for its components (square blocks for men instead of meeples and squares for food items, rather than food shapes), but I think the mechanics are quite good. It's a pick-up-and-deliver type of game, but very euro.

If you'd like another dice rolling suggestion, then I'd say Cosmic Run. Not at its best with only 2 players, but I think it's my most "fun" game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for games that can be played while flying, across 2 fold-out airplane trays.

Which of Dr. Finn's games -- if any -- can be played this way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Biblios - awesome 2 player game with a very small footprint. Seems like a ton of Dr. Finn's games will fit the bill there too, but I can't speak to those personally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cubman23 wrote:
Biblios - awesome 2 player game with a very small footprint. Seems like a ton of Dr. Finn's games will fit the bill there too, but I can't speak to those personally.

Thank for the response! I guess I should have said, "...excluding Biblios," since I already own that one.

Any other suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
Cubman23 wrote:

Thank for the response! I guess I should have said, "...excluding Biblios," since I already own that one.

Any other suggestions?

Slush Fund 2 could be played on airplane trays, though one person would probably have to look at and play cards upside down (on the far side of a tray). None of my other games are suitable for airplane playing. Let Them Eat Shrimp could possibly be done if you leave the pieces in a box, but turbulence could cause a problem for the board -- fish aren't too comfortable in the air.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Franco
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! I know this is last minute...

I own and love Biblios and Capo dei Capi and want to get Institute of Magical Arts. What other game would be interesting for me to combine with it?

I'm looking for a game that either plays well with non-gamers (most of my friends will look away from anything a little meatier) or plays well with only 2 - trying to find more games my fiancée enjoys and she does LOVE Biblios.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would go with The Butterfly Garden. I played several games with my family over Thanksgiving. (2 non-gamers, 1 taking the plunge gamer, and myself) The theme and mechanics were very approachable for non-gamers, but there is enough meat on the bones for gamers too. I have not tried it 2 player, but Rahdo seemed to like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Franco
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisemsd wrote:
I would go with The Butterfly Garden. I played several games with my family over Thanksgiving. (2 non-gamers, 1 taking the plunge gamer, and myself) The theme and mechanics were very approachable for non-gamers, but there is enough meat on the bones for gamers too. I have not tried it 2 player, but Rahdo seemed to like it.

Thanks! Been trying to decide between Butterfly Garden, Cosmic Run and Broom Service

Rahdo's review of Buttefly Garden was very nice indeed!

EDIT: went with Butterfly Garden!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Piro
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cosmic Run is a really underrated and light but super fun press your luck game that I would highly recommend! (maybe biased because Steve taught me this game at games keep lol)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Eagles
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeagles wrote:
Picked up BOGO Biblios Dice + Institute for Magical Arts and COB The Butterfly Garden combo.

Shipment already arrived. Thank you Dr. Finn!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.