7 Posts

Kepler-3042» Forums » Rules

Subject: Short/Mid/Long range planets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Valentin ...
msg tools
Hi,

When calculating the final score, is the range of a planet (short/mid/long) based on the location of the planet or on the location of it's adjacent star?

Same question when the rulebook instructs us to "turn over all celestial bodies in the short range zone" at the beginning of the game.

Valentin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Sacchi
Italy
SUNO
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, it's the location of the PLANET that matters. Some stars are placed on the edge so that the number of planets in each area can change game by game.

All the best,
Mario
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valentin ...
msg tools
Thanks, in a way it makes more sense that way. We were a bit confused, however, by the rulebook's wording:
Quote:

2 points for each Planet located by a Mid-Range Star.
3 points for each Planet located by a Long-Range Star.

Valentin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Fischer
Netherlands
Den Haag
---
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the English rulebook is quite clear here that it's the star's location and not the planet. So this is wrong? Is that an official errata?

Per

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Fischer
Netherlands
Den Haag
---
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mario, can you confirm that for scoring it is the location of the planet that matters and not the star as the English rules say?

(Played my first 4-player Sunday, game worked beautifully, although AP prone players have a hard time, which adds to the downtime).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me Me
England
Frome
Somerset
flag msg tools
Easy Gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mariov wrote:
Hi, it's the location of the PLANET that matters. Some stars are placed on the edge so that the number of planets in each area can change game by game.

All the best,
Mario

I thought Mario had answered your Q when he capitalized the word PLANET and stressed the set up of observable planets as changing each game depending on how you arranged the celestial bodies around the stars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Fischer
Netherlands
Den Haag
---
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He certainly did - I just wanted to know if it was an official errata to the English rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.