7 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Upgrading - not many options? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike B.
msg tools
Hi guys,

I just got around to upgrade my decks after the first scenario... it seemed like I had only a very few options and not much left to upgrade for the last scenario. I had 6XP after the first scenario, and only switched out 3 cards each, with two of them being higher level versions.

I am of course mainly talking about higher level cards. There weren't many in the core set. I know that upgrading the decks also means switching cards, but since I don't know what's happening in the second scenario, I am mainly happy with my deck.

Am I missing something, or do other people have similar feeling about that part of the game. It was one of the things I was most excited about with AH TCG, but it seems I will have to wait for some expansions to really experience it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Likemike wrote:
Hi guys,

I just got around to upgrade my decks after the first scenario... it seemed like I had only a very few options and not much left to upgrade for the last scenario. I had 6XP after the first scenario, and only switched out 3 cards each, with two of them being higher level versions.

I am of course mainly talking about higher level cards. There weren't many in the core set. I know that upgrading the decks also means switching cards, but since I don't know what's happening in the second scenario, I am mainly happy with my deck.

Am I missing something, or do other people have similar feeling about that part of the game. It was one of the things I was most excited about with AH TCG, but it seems I will have to wait for some expansions to really experience it.

You're not missing anything, there are very few options for spending that Experience. It will get better, but slowly. I expect a Campaign will never include massive changes to your deck, just little upgrades that hopefully offset the accumulation of Trauma and Weaknesses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
Esgaldil wrote:
You're not missing anything, there are very few options for spending that Experience. It will get better, but slowly. I expect a Campaign will never include massive changes to your deck, just little upgrades that hopefully offset the accumulation of Trauma and Weaknesses.

A full campaign will be almost 3x the length of the core (8 scenarios vs. 3), so there is the potential that you could change out a lot more of your deck.

Of course, we don't know what the rate of experience gain will be in a full campaign...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
souloon souloon
Poland
flag msg tools
Everything that we know about campaign points to two things:

first there will be three lvl 0 card and one lvl more than zero card in the dunwhich.

Each mythos pack will have 2 cards for each class and maybe neutral or two. At least one will be lvl higher than zero.

So the final pool of cards for each class with level higher than zero should expand by 13 class cards with neutrals.

If we add it to existing cards that's mean you have choice of buying cards from combined pool of around 15 cards of your main class and neutrals. If we add to it around 5 of other class - it's a choice of around one from 20. Not great but also not very bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
I hope they will release an expansion with only player cards in it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wout wit
msg tools
mbmbmb
Don't forget the 2 neutral 'armor' type cards, Bulletproof Vest and Elder Sign Amulet (I almost did)

But yeah, I think the core set has just about enough cards to upgrade, but not a lot of choice. You basically decide wether to improve main sphere or splash more of the secondary sphere in it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
And remember, with two Core Sets you can put two copies of an upgrade card into your deck, which will cost you double the xp points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.