Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: KS1.5 Card Stock rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
voltemands voltemands
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Anybody worried about the card stock issue?

i would really like to back for all/a lot of new stuff but worried my KD:M MKI stuff will clash terribly no products.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
I am far more worried about sleeving all the cards. It was very difficult to find the perfect sleeve size for some of the original game and expansions, so much so that the company making them sold out and never restocked. I will need to use alternative sleeves, which may be slightly different size!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voltemands wrote:
Anybody worried about the card stock issue?

i would really like to back for all/a lot of new stuff but worried my KD:M MKI stuff will clash terribly no products.

Hahaha, I'm actually so worried about that that I backed for the 1.5 core game instead of the upgrade pack even though I have 1.3 already. I'll just use the new version and give my old one away to a friend who wants it but won't spend the money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What sleeves do folks recommend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Wilhelmi
Germany
Husum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleeving the cards is not that easy and maybe not even needed.

I'm pretty sure that the factory which does KDM is also responsible for the Sirlin stuff.

These cards (KDM, Codex or Yomi) are a tiny bit larger then Magic cards which means I'm unable to use KMC Perfect Size sleeves. They are thin, rather inexpensive but very durable.

On the other hand the card quality is way above Magic. I played both Yomi and KDM without sleeves and can't notice any wear.

Just my two cents...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After experiencing the difference in card stock between the original KS base game and some of the expansion and promo cards, I am also concerned about this. I'd hate for all of the 1.5 upgrade cards to be mismatched on size and shade again. Thinking about going in for anow extra core set as well. If the upgrade pack looks good, I'll just keep the 1.5 core sealed in a closet as a backup/heirloom copy. If not, I'll use the 1.5 core and sell the 1.5 upgraded version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully Adam touches on this at some point during the campaign.

The only real foible of the vanilla experience (outside of the Spidicles leg debacle which was handled well I thought).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
dr.morton wrote:
Sleeving the cards is not that easy and maybe not even needed.

I'm pretty sure that the factory which does KDM is also responsible for the Sirlin stuff.

These cards (KDM, Codex or Yomi) are a tiny bit larger then Magic cards which means I'm unable to use KMC Perfect Size sleeves. They are thin, rather inexpensive but very durable.

On the other hand the card quality is way above Magic. I played both Yomi and KDM without sleeves and can't notice any wear.

Just my two cents...

The problem is that for many of the decks you shuffle ridiculously frequently. Even the best card-stock in the world would quickly go south.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.