$20.00
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a terrific meal, which is always a relief because cooking a huge bird can be a disaster more often than not, I played Quixx with my mother (she's mid 80s) which I had picked up some time ago for just such an occasion, and she liked it.

Better yet, my dear husband, who really has little patience for my board gaming passion, agreed to try Terraforming Mars, which is my new favorite title. I had never played it two player, only five (game group), and was a little worried it would not be too tense with two, and that he wouldn't like it since he's not much into theme and I love theme (I am such an Ameritrasher). Plus I had to teach it to him, and he hates hearing rules explanations, among other things.

It was so great, he really liked it! He didn't want it to end! We hovered two degrees from ending the game for three more rounds. We terraformed the heck out of Mars. I was so happy he had a good time and enjoyed himself.

So two non-gamers played with me, and had a good time. Hooray!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwill2 wrote:

it's a thanksgiving miracle, charlie brown!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Vestal
United States
Orland Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwill2 wrote:

It was so great, he really liked it! He didn't want it to end! We hovered two degrees from ending the game for three more rounds. We terraformed the heck out of Mars. I was so happy he had a good time and enjoyed himself.

Maybe next he will join BGG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gesine Stanienda
Ireland
Galway
Galway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is fantastic!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.