Subject: Card sleeves with Broken Token Box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Herdman
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
I just finished building my custom Broken Token box insert for Tesla vs Edison and the expansion, Powering Up. Everything fits very nicely in the box and I am extremely pleased! I noticed on the Broken Token website the cards fit nicely even after being sleeved. I am thinking of going with Ultra Pro Clear sleeves, but has anyone already sleeved their TvE cards and have had good luck fitting everything in the Broken Token box insert compartments?

What are the best sleeves for TvE to work with the Broken Token box insert?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Acosta
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Howard University College of Medicine
badge
Reptar, King of the Ozone
mbmbmbmbmb
Also interested in knowing the answer to this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2Huskies wrote:
I just finished building my custom Broken Token box insert for Tesla vs Edison and the expansion, Powering Up. Everything fits very nicely in the box and I am extremely pleased! I noticed on the Broken Token website the cards fit nicely even after being sleeved. I am thinking of going with Ultra Pro Clear sleeves, but has anyone already sleeved their TvE cards and have had good luck fitting everything in the Broken Token box insert compartments?

What are the best sleeves for TvE to work with the Broken Token box insert?

Hey folks, JR here (developer for Artana)

Ultra Pros are fine, though if you're really wanting to make them as safe as possible, I recommend Dragon Shield clears, for a couple reasons:

First, they don't have the annoying "dot" that UP sleeves have in the bottom part of the card. Second, they're a little thicker and much less likely to break. I've got an MTG cube sleeved (about 800 sleeves) and have had it for 4 years, and have broken 2 sleeves in that time, despite HEAVY wear and tear shuffling and playing. They cost about 50% more than UP sleeves do ($8-10 per 100) but I've found it's well worth it.

https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Shields-Protective-Sleeves-100...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Acosta
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jayahre wrote:

Ultra Pros are fine, though if you're really wanting to make them as safe as possible, I recommend Dragon Shield clears, for a couple reasons:

First, they don't have the annoying "dot" that UP sleeves have in the bottom part of the card. Second, they're a little thicker and much less likely to break. I've got an MTG cube sleeved (about 800 sleeves) and have had it for 4 years, and have broken 2 sleeves in that time, despite HEAVY wear and tear shuffling and playing. They cost about 50% more than UP sleeves do ($8-10 per 100) but I've found it's well worth it.

Thanks for being awesome, JR. Any idea exactly how many of these packs we would need for Base game + Expansion + all kickstarter goodness?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the tickness of the Dragon Shield sleeves?

I've used the Mayfair Premium but I can't fit in the box all the events and all the AI cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Green
United States
Mclean
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using FFG sleeves and although it's tight I can get them into the card holder without too much struggle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sound609 wrote:
I'm using FFG sleeves and although it's tight I can get them into the card holder without too much struggle.

Whaaaaat?! AI cards too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Jannin
France
SAUTRON
Loire Atlantique
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used FFG sleeves and I was having a hard time removing the inventor's cards from the slot. I had to start from the the back and work my way up to the front.
I changed to Arcane Tin Men and that's marginally better.

That's the only complain that I have, everything else is perfect

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Green
United States
Mclean
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drugo81 wrote:
sound609 wrote:

Whaaaaat?! AI cards too?

Sorry, forgot to mention that I did not sleeve AI cards, but did do the rest. It seemed like once the cards sat (squeezed) in the box for awhile it became easier to get them in and out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshuaAcosta wrote:
jayahre wrote:

Thanks for being awesome, JR. Any idea exactly how many of these packs we would need for Base game + Expansion + all kickstarter goodness?

I think it's 112 in the expansion? Plus 14 for 2 more AI decks and the 2 bonus cards, so 126? You'll need at least 100, and I think 150 should be enough. If you're also sleeving the base game though you'll probably need 300 total.

I wish I had the totals on me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Jannin
France
SAUTRON
Loire Atlantique
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe is 197 to sleeves everything

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Acosta
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished sleeving my cards with the Dragon Shields sleeves suggested by JR Honeycutt above. I backed the expansion Kickstarter and have the base game + Powering Up! expansion + Kickstarter promos + the additional 6 AI decks with Hopper/Turing + Broken Token organizer.

I would like to happily report that the sleeves fit the cards beautifully. However, once sleeved, the cards do NOT fit perfectly in the Broken Token organizer when fully assembled with wooden slot dividers. I removed the wooden dividers from my copy, as I would rather have my cards sleeved.
Once the dividers were removed, the sleeved cards fit well enough in the organizer, but I noticed that no matter how well-slanted I have the cards in the tray, the lid does not close as flush with the box as it does without the sleeved cards in the organizer. I think that without the additional 36 AI cards included in the Kickstarter set, this wouldn't be an issue, but the discrepancy between its closure now and closure pre-sleeve is so minuscule that I don't find it to be a problem at all, though I'm sure some perfectionists will complain about it... and to be honest, I can't complain; I mean seriously an additional 6 (double-sided) AI decks?! C'mon!

I purchased 3 boxes of 100-count Dragon Shield sleeves and just barely put a dent in the third box. So if you are sleeving AND you have all of the Kickstarter goodness, definitely go with >200 sleeves, but if you do not have the 36 extra AI cards, you should be good with 2 100-count packs of sleeves, as Christophe indicated above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Jannin
France
SAUTRON
Loire Atlantique
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I should have been more precise, it's 197 without the extra AI deck.
I didn't sleeved it at first, since it wouldn't have fit with the FFG sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.