Subject: Poll: What do you back KDM for? gameplay, minis or both? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
How important is KD:M (the game itself) compared to the miniatures/pinups (considered independently from the game)?
What are you backing KD:M for?
Mostly for the game(play) itself.
Mostly for the miniatures.
Both are equally important to me.
      172 answers
Poll created by Shu1984

Since there are expansions (=gameplay) and pinup (=minis) content to be added to the campaign, it would be nice to know if people are in mostly for the game, the minis or maybe both aspects of KD:M.

I personally consider myself more of a gamer, so I would like the future SGs/addons to focus primarily on playable content. But there might be some people who are backing the campaign for the minis alone -not sure if they would browse bgg though . Or both...

edit: typos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't lie...the minis are nice. But if that is all it was...no thanks.

I'd still play this game if the minis were twigs and rocks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The minis are more than nice. The are part of the Universe. Though I'm not a minis fan/builder/painter. I wasn't actually, before KDM. So I'd say 33% the minis, 66% the game. 1% pure magic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone C.
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But for just the game part it's well overpriced looking at the price of other boardgames. People who are spending a lot of money for this game should understand that the extra they are paying for are just for miniatures so if their interest is for just the game probably should think about it or probably ask these questions: how many games I could buy with a pledge of KDM? Is the joy of KDM as much as the sum of the joy of playing those x games I could buy with the same money? Of course, if your wallet is infinite these questions are useless
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Shuvaev
Russia
St.Petersburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both. And don't get me wrong, there is a hell of gameplay in this box, but the board game itself wouldn't justify $500 I've spent on it (just the core box).

But the minises - oh my god. I have enourmous amount of fun assemblying them, especially survivors with custom armor and weapons. I'm so into it that I postpone the next LY session until I create another mini, resembling a character I plan to take on a next hunt. FUN.

KD:M actually is a perfect gateway product for introducing miniature assembling / painting to a board game enthusiast. I have never touched a plastic sprue before and now I have eight different needle files and whatnot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The minises--we wants them!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback guys. On a more specific sidenote: do you appreciate the pinups or would you prefer that the new stuff be mostly formed by playable content?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shu1984 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback guys. On a more specific sidenote: do you appreciate the pinups or would you prefer that the new stuff be mostly formed by playable content?

Playable content +200.

We've had enough pinups already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me it's the game play. I mean it's great. But I'm allowed to back it because my missus is a miniature painter and she really loves the minis.

So I put both. But honestly, for me, it could be standees and I'd back it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bibious P
msg tools
mbmb
Got into this game 100% for gameplay.
Since owning it and playing it and building the minis, I'm picking up some minis just to own and use now. Didn't think I would do that but I am, they really are amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.