Sacramento
CA
flag msg tools
Game Night Host
badge
Game Night Host
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

Just got my copy on the kickstarter. What is the variant that allows you to play with 5 or 6 players? Is it decent? Or is the game best played with four?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
The game is actually best enjoyed in a 2-3 player game. 5-6 is Murdercore until year 12ish game-time. Then it's easy(er) mode to the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
4 players works fine too; you just have to have other activities for someone who gets killed in the first turn of a showdown. The 5-6 player variant has wonky balance: the rule changes aren't as finely tuned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For me 2 players is the sweet spot, you always use 4 survivors so control 2 each on showdowns, if one dies no problem u have another. keeps the downtime and toilet brakes to a minimum, its also easier to get you and 1 other person to meet regularly, much harder with 4 people.

the 5 and 6 player variants increase the number of survivors you use on a showdown from the 4 to 5 or 6, problem is it makes the game easier and so poots went full hardcore and made the rules changes extreme to the point of it being impossible. You can just use the 5-6 variant without changing the difficulty, game becomes easier but its a hard game anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Berget
United States
Sacramento
CA
flag msg tools
Game Night Host
badge
Game Night Host
mbmbmbmbmb
gorkel wrote:
For me 2 players is the sweet spot, you always use 4 survivors so control 2 each on showdowns, if one dies no problem u have another. keeps the downtime and toilet brakes to a minimum, its also easier to get you and 1 other person to meet regularly, much harder with 4 people.

the 5 and 6 player variants increase the number of survivors you use on a showdown from the 4 to 5 or 6, problem is it makes the game easier and so poots went full hardcore and made the rules changes extreme to the point of it being impossible. You can just use the 5-6 variant without changing the difficulty, game becomes easier but its a hard game anyway.

This is really interesting, actually.

We like to RP our characters (or at least have a sense of identity with them) so playing 2 each might be a little off-putting. Or is it harder to RP a character considering how often they die? At least, that's what I've read, right? That characters die all the time and that you'll be playing their offspring. (Hope I'm not thinking of a completely different game).

For my group, it's not hard to get 6 people every week, so I'm kind of hoping 1.5 brings some rule changes to make that more fun. And we're usually pretty laidback, so if someone dies and wants to follow along or sit on their phone we don't really care.

Although 2 players does sound really appealing to my girlfriend and I. Could be a fun way to learn the game before introducing more people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
solidd wrote:
gorkel wrote:

This is really interesting, actually.

We like to RP our characters (or at least have a sense of identity with them) so playing 2 each might be a little off-putting. Or is it harder to RP a character considering how often they die? At least, that's what I've read, right? That characters die all the time and that you'll be playing their offspring. (Hope I'm not thinking of a completely different game).

For my group, it's not hard to get 6 people every week, so I'm kind of hoping 1.5 brings some rule changes to make that more fun. And we're usually pretty laidback, so if someone dies and wants to follow along or sit on their phone we don't really care.

Although 2 players does sound really appealing to my girlfriend and I. Could be a fun way to learn the game before introducing more people.

KD:M is good to RP if you have multiple personalities (and i mean a LOT of personalities.... )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
no, bad to roleplay.
first: there is actually nothing to roleplay. there are fun stories (see session reports), but the mechanics don't allow room for interpretation.
second: ... well, let's say that it is difficult to have weapon masteries in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.