Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve O'Rourke
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all-

As others in different threads have noted, this is a game with deceptively simple rules but real depth of puzzle play.

I am hoping that I am playing things correctly, but could use some feedback. In particular, the one rule of the base game that states "There may be several workers in the same territory" is the one that makes me wonder about strategy. That seems to make high scores much more likely.

Given that you can move a worker instead of placing a new one, why not focus on a strategy of making large fields or forests or water and gradually moving all your workers into that territory? Based on the luck of the draw, it seems very possible to create a 10-12 square connected territory and then migrate your workers one-by-one into that area. Having 3-4 workers in one 10-space field is 30 or 40 points right off the bat.

Am I missing something basic? Apologies if this has been covered in a thread I missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kent
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mb
Hi

You can have many workers in the same territory - but only one of them is scored. So 3 workers in a 10 point field will only give you 10 points, with 2 wasted workers.

TDM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Rourke
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, the importance of reading to the very end. It's right there in the scoring section. My error entirely. Thanks for schooling me up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kent
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mb
No problem. We've all been there...

TDM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.