Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Paterson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really keen on this one, but the only sources I've found for it are about $100 to get the product into my hands in Canada. Any rumours of another printing, and better yet, the possibility of a North American publisher picking this up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Green
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very interested in this as well.

I'd love to pick up a copy, but at a reasonable price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably zero chance of the rights being sold to a North American publisher but my friend who lives in Tokyo said his local game shop said they were printing another run in the early 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the printing is the primary issue with the availability, but rather the 'getting the game anywhere outside Asia' is -- it doesn't have a publisher or distributor either in Europe or in North America!
I pre-ordered it from Taiwan Boardgame Design before Essen (they were also selling it at Essen, but I couldn't go), and I think those games just came from a new printing. Mine arrived in Germany yesterday.
(That pre-order was internationally available btw, and shipping to Canada was cheaper than western Europe. Not that that helps you now...)

I would maybe keep an eye on their website to see if international orders become available again? Also the boss of the company (BGG name Smoox, I think) is very friendly and also seems to be reasonably active here. You could write to him and ask.

Edit: I forgot to say that even with the option I took, it was pretty expensive for such a rather small game -- it's only produced in small quantities and it had to come all the way from Taiwan. The shipping cost ended up being 2/3 of the game price again.
If you're not prepared to pay more than you usually would for a game of this size, you're unlikely to get it. (Unless a North American publisher picks it up -- no idea if that's going to happen.)
I'm happy I got it, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It needs a kickstarter with a high goal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chien-Tsun Chen
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gswp wrote:
I don't think the printing is the primary issue with the availability, but rather the 'getting the game anywhere outside Asia' is -- it doesn't have a publisher or distributor either in Europe or in North America!
I pre-ordered it from Taiwan Boardgame Design before Essen (they were also selling it at Essen, but I couldn't go), and I think those games just came from a new printing. Mine arrived in Germany yesterday.
(That pre-order was internationally available btw, and shipping to Canada was cheaper than western Europe. Not that that helps you now...)

I would maybe keep an eye on their website to see if international orders become available again? Also the boss of the company (BGG name Smoox, I think) is very friendly and also seems to be reasonably active here. You could write to him and ask.

Edit: I forgot to say that even with the option I took, it was pretty expensive for such a rather small game -- it's only produced in small quantities and it had to come all the way from Taiwan. The shipping cost ended up being 2/3 of the game price again.
If you're not prepared to pay more than you usually would for a game of this size, you're unlikely to get it. (Unless a North American publisher picks it up -- no idea if that's going to happen.)
I'm happy I got it, though!

blush

We are licensed for Chinese Edition and allowed to attach English rules outside the box for sales ONLY FOR ESSEN SPIEL (and its pre-order). So it depends on the designer to license the game to NA/EU publishers for wider distribution.
Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's disappointing news. I had hoped it would see a wider release eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for weighing in, Smoox!

I hadn't realised that the license for selling the English version was only for Essen and the pre-order.

Well, it makes me all the happier that I got Coffee Roaster when I did!
And for having come from half-way around the world, the price was absolutely reasonable -- this was definitely not a case of anybody trying to profit from the rareness of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Paterson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smoox wrote:

We are licensed for Chinese Edition and allowed to attach English rules outside the box for sales ONLY FOR ESSEN SPIEL (and its pre-order). So it depends on the designer to license the game to NA/EU publishers for wider distribution.
Good luck.

I reached out to Saashi and was told while there were no plans for a North American publication, they will be printing more copies in January or February of 2017... so at least there will be some new stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nakedmeeple wrote:
smoox wrote:

Good luck.

I reached out to Saashi and was told while there were no plans for a North American publication, they will be printing more copies in January or February of 2017... so at least there will be some new stock.

Did he mention whether or not we can preorder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Paterson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Papa Ninja wrote:
[q="nakedmeeple"]
Did he mention whether or not we can preorder?

Nope. Will just need to wait and see I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ng
Singapore
Singapore
Bedok
flag msg tools
Any chance of delivering that Chinese copy to Singapore? =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chien-Tsun Chen
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Razorwind wrote:
Any chance of delivering that Chinese copy to Singapore? =)

You may send me a Geekmail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sie
Singapore
Woodlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just came back from Taipei yesterday. Saw a few copies at Eslite Bookshop, on Christmas sales. Grabbed one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Compton
United States
Rochester Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May I ask the price you paid for Coffee Roaster in Taipei?
Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sie
Singapore
Woodlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taiwan Dollar 800

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats like $25, great deal! Enjoy the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I won't add this to my wishlist if I'll never get a copy in the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for anyway for US folk to get this. Funagain is out of stock. Geekstore again?? Import?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MagusDuNord wrote:
+1 for anyway for US folk to get this. Funagain is out of stock. Geekstore again?? Import?

Depending on what you are willing to pay, your best bet for now may be subscribing to the game through BGG. Make sure you have your subscriptions set to notify you of new marketplace listings, then you'll know right away if a copy is posted for sale. I just got a copy for what seems to be a reasonable price.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Acosta
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Howard University College of Medicine
badge
Reptar, King of the Ozone
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is listed on several Taiwanese game seller websites, but in each case it says the item is currently unavailable. For instance, I found the game listed on NiceGameShop HERE... I followed the contact link on the website and emailed the company with regard to the availability of this game. Here is the response I received this morning:

"Hi Joshua,

we will have them in the future but we don't know exactly when. We have to wait until the original Japanese edition is reprinted again. The publisher told me that he would like to reprint the game around February, so hopefully we will have new copies in March.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Leon/

nicegameshop"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
river tam
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bgg store did sell these in the past. I think the price was $73 dollars.

Maybe they will get some of the new printing but they will likely go fast and not be cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Acosta
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Howard University College of Medicine
badge
Reptar, King of the Ozone
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news!
The game is currently available through a Taiwanese retailer!
I surfed around and looked up all of the Taiwanese retailers who had listed the product in the past, and they all said out of stock on their websites.
I took a chance and emailed each of them, and today I received a response from one of them (http://www.bigfunidea.com.tw/).

Here's an excerpt from my email with Reola from BigFunIdea...

Reola@BigFunIdea.com.tw wrote:
Hi Joshua

We have Coffee Roaster game (Chinese version with EN rules in PDF) in stock, if you want to buy it, we can pay by Paypal, and send by international package.

Thanks,
Reola

JoshuaAcosta wrote:

Thanks, Reola. I see you have the game listed for $880. I believe the conversion from new Taiwanese dollar to US Dollar makes that $28 USD. Correct?
Can you tell me the price for the game and international shipping? I live in the United States (state redacted).

Hi Joshua
The game price will be $28USD,and the shipment you may choice below:
EMS ship : 5-7 days to ship. $27 USD
Normal air ship : 14-20 days to ship. $17 USD
If you're confirmed, please reply me your paypal E-mail account, I will send you the bill...

(Then, later...)

Hello Joshua
I'm sorry that we have to receive international orders from our partner, you may chack the shop here : http://board-gamer.weebly.com/. Thank you so much!

Reola

As it turns out, for international orders on the website through which I was requested to purchase the game, the only option for shipping is the EMS shipping for $35.

I just placed my order
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely a good price, especially when it's currently hard to get

The price at Essen 2016 was 32€, so I couldn't say no to that!

Enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshuaAcosta wrote:
Great news!
The game is currently available through a Taiwanese retailer!
I surfed around and looked up all of the Taiwanese retailers who had listed the product in the past, and they all said out of stock on their websites.
I took a chance and emailed each of them, and today I received a response from one of them (http://www.bigfunidea.com.tw/).

Here's an excerpt from my email with Reola from BigFunIdea...

Hi Joshua

We have Coffee Roaster game (Chinese version with EN rules in PDF) in stock, if you want to buy it, we can pay by Paypal, and send by international package.

Thanks,
Reola

JoshuaAcosta wrote:

Thanks, Reola. I see you have the game listed for $880. I believe the conversion from new Taiwanese dollar to US Dollar makes that $28 USD. Correct?
Can you tell me the price for the game and international shipping? I live in the United States (state redacted).

Hi Joshua
The game price will be $28USD,and the shipment you may choice below:
EMS ship : 5-7 days to ship. $27 USD
Normal air ship : 14-20 days to ship. $17 USD
If you're confirmed, please reply me your paypal E-mail account, I will send you the bill.

I just placed my order

Did you have to email them to place your order then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.