Castles of Mad King Ludwig» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stairways clarification. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josef Disby
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just played this game my first time yesterday, loved it. Although, I will agree with most reviewers that the rules are a bit intricate in the minor issues. So, as I hope to play a second round tomorrow one question arose in my mind. Does a completed stairway (or hallway) count as a completed room for scoring "most completed rooms"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Bushey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crystal Joe wrote:
Does a completed stairway (or hallway) count as a completed room for scoring "most completed rooms"?

No
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc McConley
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Legal Blokus board using all the pieces
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is a room.

Also, when you complete it, you may place a free hallway or stairs, since it is a corridor room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
XIPULOXX FHTAGN!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Corridor rooms (including hallways and stairs) do count for both the Favor and the Bonus card that give you points for completed rooms. (Obviously it's difficult to complete a hallway, but it can be done by placing another hallway on each side of it and a room at each end!)

But note that the Favor and Bonus card that give you points for external entrances both explicitly state that Corridor rooms do not count for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josef Disby
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Excellent!

Thank you for the quick replies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.