Popular Tags: [View All]
John Rivera
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Did this LCG (entire core set and Deluxe and Battle packs) cover at least one or two cards of all the factions from 40k universe ?
*Not necessarily to form an exclusive army but just to make a presence.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
Practically speaking, yes. 40k has offshoot subfactions for every army, some of which got Leaders but of course not all of them did, or probably ever even would have.

The only one folks might gripe about is that Sisters of Battle never got a Warlord, but there's an Inquisitor to lead them, so good enough in my book. All the imperial armies are lumped together in this game anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rivera
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
thank you for this useful information. This is good news. It is much better than I originally anticipated due to sudden stoppage of further production I assumed the game was not even halfway to its full potential Completion with regards to factions.

Years ago when i was heavily involved in Warhammer 40k table top we did have Space Dwarves as a faction. GW stopped making them. I was hoping one day they return. Is there any chance they are present here ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
questfordragonlords wrote:
Years ago when i was heavily involved in Warhammer 40k table top we did have Space Dwarves as a faction. GW stopped making them. I was hoping one day they return. Is there any chance they are present here ?

Nope; Conquest mirrors the current state of 40k, faction- and content-wise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

GW didn't just stop making them, they disavowed them. There for a while (it might still be true) you could get an on the spot ban from GW's official boards for even bringing them up.

So, no, I wouldn't count on seeing them in any licensed or first party releases again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
Years ago when i was heavily involved in Warhammer 40k table top we did have Space Dwarves as a faction.

I'm afraid not. Nowadays anytime something is erased from canon they call it "Squatted". The lore doesn't even call them out by name, they're literally a foot note on the Tyranid timeline as a "race of stout humanoids, now thought to have been completely destroyed".

The closest they may ever see to return is a minor race called the Demiurg. They had 2 ship models made by Forge World as part the Tau Empire's subjugated races, and were described as short, hairy, and experts at interstellar mining.

StarkeRealm wrote:
GW didn't just stop making them, they disavowed them. There for a while (it might still be true) you could get an on the spot ban from GW's official boards for even bringing them up.

This was still true when the GW Forums were shut down in late 2006.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What we did get:

Marines got a Smurf, Wolf, Templar, and Dark Angel warlord. Of these, the Dark Angels were the least fleshed out.

Astra Militarum rolled IG, Inquisition, Mechanicus, and Sororitas together into a single faction. Of these, IG are the majority of the cards. They got an Inquisition warlord, in addition to Strakken, a Vostoyan and a Commissar (no, not one of the cannon Commisar heroes).

Orks got a weirdboy, looter and warboss.

Chaos got a warlord for each god.

Dark Eldar got a mix, but I'm honestly not familiar enough with them from table top to know if something was glaringly absent.

With Eldar, everything seems to be there, but I could be mistaken.

Tau got Shadowsun, Aun'Shi, and a non-cannon Commander who runs Tau+AM.

'Nids got The Swarmlord, One Eye, and a genestealer.

Necrons got a Destroyer, the Necron that's going around trying to unite them, and I forget what their third warlord was.

There's no Grey Knights, only two Sisters of Battle, no Baneblades, the only Predator is Wolves affiliated... I was hoping for a chaos warlord that would let you field AM units as Traitor Guard, but, that never happened. There are oversights like that. But, on the whole there is a lot here, and it's mostly cohesive.

No Squats though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
The factions were fairly well covered. Only really minor armies weren't serviced. For example obviously not all space marine chapters could make it into the game as a card. Also Sisters were really short changed since they were a full fledged army in the war game and only appear in a couple cards in Conquest. Though to be fair they continue to be short changed in the war game as well. As we type though they did finally have some new releases for that faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't checked actual card counts anywhere, but I just got 10 packs to fill my collection (only one left, arriving in the mail next week). Among those 600 cards there was a slight skew towards the empire.

I sorted the piles by faction, and it ranged from 60 cards for the marines, 51+ for most factions, even Tyranids, then a measly 15 cards for the Necrons. Plus those 3 neutral cards - an inquisitor. This was a collection of 3+3+4 packs from the three cycles, I think.

The deluxe sets were pretty fully featured for their respective factions, so perhaps they didn't need as many extra cards. It could have used some synapse units in one of the packs, maybe. But that 117-card pile I have of warlords and crew looks impressive.

I dunno if there's enough to build two good decks for every faction (even with proxies for neutrals), but there's definitely enough for one of each of the 9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.