Popular Tags: [View All]
Wes Sedlacek
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, this is my first post like this and I haven't figured out how to link to the iTunes App page. They also have Treasure Hunter for $2.99, but since I haven't been following that app, I don't know if that's a deal or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: [ios] Kingdom Builder and Alhambra $0.99 at iTunes
WesSed wrote:
Sorry, this is my first post like this and I haven't figured out how to link to the iTunes App page. They also have Treasure Hunter for $2.99, but since I haven't been following that app, I don't know if that's a deal or not.

Thanks for the post! I'll definitely be grabbing these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Barringer
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They're on sale for Android too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Chhay
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
did I buy this?
badge
Nodoka Miyazaki ~ Negima!
mbmbmbmbmb
These apps have terrible reviews.
It doesn't seem worth buying until they fix all the bugs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Khairallah
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, not the greatest reviews, but the lowest price ever for both according to appshopper.com

AppShopper: http://appshopper.com/games/kingdom-builder

AppShopper: http://appshopper.com/games/alhambra-game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Cray
United States
Dubuque
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do not buy Kingdom Builder on iOS. Queen refuses to update it and it crashes constantly on the latest version of iOS and Queen in general is a company I just cannot recommend in general. Their kickstarters have left hundreds of people without their rewards. They have cut off all communication in regards to the campaigns. Extremely unprofessional company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shinako wrote:
These apps have terrible reviews.
It doesn't seem worth buying until they fix all the bugs.

I know Alhambra had not been updated for a very long time but in the past month or so they have had two updates that claimed bug fixes. I was curious if those updates had corrected the issues mentioned in the previous reviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Silvia
United States
South Shore
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think the Kingdom Builder app is decent. I only wished they had an undo option at times but other than that it works pretty good. For $0.99 I enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ivanovskis

Massachusetts
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I downloaded Alhambra, and my first three plays were glitch-free after I figured out the interface.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kcray wrote:
Do not buy Kingdom Builder on iOS. Queen refuses to update it and it crashes constantly on the latest version of iOS and Queen in general is a company I just cannot recommend in general. Their kickstarters have left hundreds of people without their rewards. They have cut off all communication in regards to the campaigns. Extremely unprofessional company.

Does the Android version have similar issues?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drown
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI

Kingdom Builder on Android (Last Update February 6, 2014) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.brettspielw...

Alhambra on Android (Last Update March 30, 2016) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.brettspielw...

$0.99 in USA market, don't own either so can't answer on stability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Drown wrote:
FYI

Kingdom Builder on Android (Last Update February 6, 2014) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.brettspielw...

Alhambra on Android (Last Update March 30, 2016) -https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.brettspielw...

$0.99 in USA market, don't own either so can't answer on stability.
Kingdom Builder has been working fine on several Android devices for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Logan

Indiana
msg tools
I tried out ios Kingdom Builder and enjoyed it. Awkward that there is no manual in the app and no undo button is pretty harsh. For some reason there's a phone interface, but it's TERRIBLE. Tablet only on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
negman wrote:
I tried out ios Kingdom Builder and enjoyed it. Awkward that there is no manual in the app and no undo button is pretty harsh. For some reason there's a phone interface, but it's TERRIBLE. Tablet only on this one.

I'm finding the zoom really annoying (it keeps bouncing back and forth) and it's caused me to misplace once, but overall, I am actually quite enjoying the app. For $1.39 CDN, it was worth it. Too bad it's gone back up already.

Oh, and the tutorial crashed the game at the end, but my regular games against the AI (4) haven't crashed at all.

And it's actually a fun game in itself, too! I didn't realize that and have been avoiding it, even on the table

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Sedlacek
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hist wrote:
I'm finding the zoom really annoying (it keeps bouncing back and forth) and it's caused me to misplace once, but overall, I am actually quite enjoying the app. For $1.39 CDN, it was worth it. Too bad it's gone back up already.

I had the same issue with the zoom, but then realized you can either switch to the more normal two finger technique or just do away with the zoom altogether. Since then, I haven't had any issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had Kingdom Builder on my iPad for 3 years and never had any crash issues. It's a great app to play two player with the iPad on the table between the players. We've played it quite a bit that way while traveling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ivanovskis

Massachusetts
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted in a different Alhambra thread...the app play is definitely good, but the scoring is incorrect (and its incorrectness varies by play).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.