Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks! Yesterday as a Thanksgiving gift I uploaded the Full Content FAQ to the Files Section.

This is something I wrote months ago. I was hoping it would get the full fancy treatment, but I think it got lost in the shuffle. So, I went ahead on my own to publish it. It's not fancy and it's barely formatted, but it should answer...I hope...99% of your Structure and Skill related questions.

Cry Havoc Full Content FAQ

As you see issues or have questions, post them here or however you wish to contact me and I'll try to fix it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
Quote:
Trogs cannot use Tunnels to move into or out of Battle Regions.

Huh. I take it this explicitly means Trog units cannot retreat extra defenders from a battle region through a tunnel (which I thought they could), but can they retreat after a battle has ended and they lose region control?
Quote:

Trogs cannot use Tunnels to move into Regions controlled by other players.

This... was also not obvious. I guess tunnels aren't as useful as I thought!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh Thank you, sir! The level of your participation here as a game designer is unprecedented in my experience. You've got a friend in Brooklyn, New York.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Öhman
Sweden
flag msg tools
Thank you , that save much of searching !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Odum
United States
Holdenville
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'm not sure what this means:

- You do not need to control the Matrix to use the cards in Battle if the Matrix was activated before you lost control.
- If the Matrix is in a Battle Region, you can use the cards in a Battle if the Matrix was activated before it became a Battle Region.

Does that mean I have to activate the matrix to use a card in a battle? Or does that just mean that I have to actually have a card on the matrix to use it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Basically, once you have used the matrix and grabbed a card, you can use the card no matter what has happened to the actual matrix building. Maybe the matrix is in a battle region now, maybe it was actually taken over by the enemy, or maybe you even transformed it into troops. Doesn't matter, you can still use the card in battle. The only time you care about the status of the matrix is when activating it with wrenches to draw the cards for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Graham is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Odum
United States
Holdenville
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Thanks! One more question. I can't find this answered anywhere, probably because there are not that many having trouble interpreting this rule.

When you use a Draw action, you draw 2 cards, keep one, and reshuffle the other one. Where do you reshuffle the discarded one if you drew from a tactics deck? Into your draw deck, or back into the tactics deck you drew from? The first game I played, we shuffled it into our own deck, but after re-reading, the 2nd game we put it back into the tactics deck. The draw action just doesn't seem as powerful if you're only taking one card into your hand/deck, though. But it's only my 2nd play so I don't know.

GREAT GAME, btw. I'm really digging it. Every bit as fun as I was expecting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
NicciAdonai wrote:
Thanks! One more question. I can't find this answered anywhere, probably because there are not that many having trouble interpreting this rule.

When you use a Draw action, you draw 2 cards, keep one, and reshuffle the other one. Where do you reshuffle the discarded one if you drew from a tactics deck? Into your draw deck, or back into the tactics deck you drew from? The first game I played, we shuffled it into our own deck, but after re-reading, the 2nd game we put it back into the tactics deck. The draw action just doesn't seem as powerful if you're only taking one card into your hand/deck, though. But it's only my 2nd play so I don't know.

GREAT GAME, btw. I'm really digging it. Every bit as fun as I was expecting.

Draw two cards...

1. From your deck? Reshuffle into your deck.
2. From a Terrain Tactics deck? Back into the Tactics deck.

Example: I use a draw Action. I choose the Mountain deck. I draw the top two cards. I keep the Shifted Priorities. I shuffle the other back into the Mountain deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.