Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Howard Ratner
United States
Staten Island
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So both of the modules start off with the same intro and then you need to decide which one to play - neat. However, how would you ever get to play the non-selected module with the same characters? Did I miss something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Ridinger
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why you couldn't go back and do the second adventure with the same characters. The disadvantage is they will be more powerful for the second one (after getting all that loot and upgrades from the first half). Since its going to be a while til we get some more modules so you might as use what you have. I say go for it and have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not? Just don't replay the intro bit, just have your heroes head off on the other half of the journey!

Not sure how easy/hard it will be after you level up though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
Going the route of 1 module that you can play 2 ways rather than 2 separate modules was a really dumb and lazy way to do it.

But yeah, I am planning on doing both modules, tho I havent decided if I will replay the first act or not. I probably will for the gear and serendipity. And I will also choose one of the KS titles.

My only concern is the fact that each of the modules awards 4 cards and 1 title. If you do both modules then you are pretty much done with Journeyman progression. I plan on cutting it down to just 2 cards and 1 title as with previous modules, and then i can still use serendipity if i want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will run different heroes through, I now have 12 total

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Cammeray
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you fail a quest and your Heroes die, you usually just restart it and play the quest again. It's no different to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene D
United States
flag msg tools
Personally, we plan on running through the second module right after the first, simply skipping the First Act (Grubbers/Map).

We are going to play though Blackwall Warrens first and then continuing with the lead from the shared First Act, with a story-line that the heroes found additional information among debris in Allie's lair pointing to them towards the Shores of Kanis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
The Blackwall Warrens gives a TON of treasure/items. You get specific blue/gold items from the deck and Act 3 not only removes the white and green tokens (which Kanis does too), but gives a ton of tokens.

I did it first, but I have mixed feelings over it because while my characters are getting geared to the teeth (tho my Necromancer still has of brown offhand o.0) I will have to give back a significant amount of blue items due to only having 3 titles.

From what I've seen, Kanis gives less treasure but has much more serendipity (there are many traps).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.