Subject: Rules for the SS counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre Cothenet
France
flag msg tools
Hello !

Just a little idea for using the SS counters :
1 - On a close combat attack on a SS, roll a die : on a 1 or 2, the alarm is triggered and the counter is not removed.
2 - When a commando enters a tile with at least one SS counter, roll one more die for the stealth check.
Ex : 1 SS one a tile = 2 dice.
2 SS and 1 regular = 4 dice.

Hope it works, showing that they are shock troops, better trained and disciplined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Talionis
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
J'aime bien ta seconde idée, ça en fait des soldats mieux disciplinés et donc plus vigilants sans rendre la gestion trop compliquée ni trop augmenter la difficulté.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too early for house rules for me. Need to get used to the rules as written before tinkering with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dodge
United States
Highland
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What do the SS counters look like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
14cross wrote:

black border, 3 dice symbols
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dodge
United States
Highland
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
14cross wrote:

Thanks! So they are the "Special enemy unit tokens" the manual talks about. I have 20 of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
14cross wrote:
philmcd wrote:
14cross wrote:

Thanks! So they are the "Special enemy unit tokens" the manual talks about. I have 20 of them.

Yep, the game was rinsed with political correctness for the final version
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Cothenet
France
flag msg tools
No, there is regular wehrmacht with black borders.

The SS counters show soldiers with black uniforms. And there is also SS counters with black borders.

RAW, you can use the SS exactly the same way that other soldiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The SS soldiers have black uniforms and a red armand. They can have 1, 2 or 3 dice on the token. 1 or 2 dice are the "regular SS units", 3 dice are the "SS special units". Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dodge
United States
Highland
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThibaudMTL wrote:
The SS soldiers have black uniforms and a red armand. They can have 1, 2 or 3 dice on the token. 1 or 2 dice are the "regular SS units", 3 dice are the "SS special units". Hope this helps.

Thanks! I separated them out and count 10 that are 3 dice (black border) and 20 that are 1 or 2 dice (black and white border).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThibaudMTL wrote:

Aha. So what purpose do the 1 and 2 dice SS units serve as opposed to the Wehrmacht units?

Also, it has been asked elsewhere about a clarification between actions and action points as the rules stipulate a maximum of 3 actions per commando and then how many action points each action costs.

When I read the rules, I assumed it meant each commando was restricted to 3 action points (plus +1 action tokens), but having read the question elsewhere I can see why they could think that the limit was 3 actions as well as 3 action points due to the wording.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
ThibaudMTL wrote:

Aha. So what purpose do the 1 and 2 dice SS units serve as opposed to the Wehrmacht units?

The SS soldiers can replace the regular soldiers from the base game (1, 2 or 3 dice) to add more visual diversity.

I will answer the question about the Action Points where the question was asked to keeps the threads clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, just a visual thematic thing for the 1 and 2 dice counters. Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something,

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scottie Mick
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
plok75 wrote:
Hello !

Just a little idea for using the SS counters :
1 - On a close combat attack on a SS, roll a die : on a 1 or 2, the alarm is triggered and the counter is not removed.
2 - When a commando enters a tile with at least one SS counter, roll one more die for the stealth check.
Ex : 1 SS one a tile = 2 dice.
2 SS and 1 regular = 4 dice.

Hope it works, showing that they are shock troops, better trained and disciplined.

Love this! I'm going to use this in my games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.