Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a few 2-player games so far of Imhotep. It's not a brain-burner, but very enjoyable.

Nevertheless, I have come across the following observation: the Obelisks A are rarely worth chasing in 2-player games, as it's much more beneficial to dump 5-6 stones of your opponent there. Any further stones just don't give them any more points. I'd prefer to send mine to any other site and make points instead.

Now, side B obviously offers more viable choices, but what about side A? Is it of any good apart from serving as a junkyard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Yordy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If boats only sail there a couple times during the game, then you can make a good amount of points for cheap.

However, I have seen the situation you describe as well but in a 4 player game. I was leading at the Obelisk early and the other players basically kept dumping my stones there to keep me from winning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Obelisks are one of my favorite strategies. I usually play four player games though but I love claiming the tallest obelisk. Last time I played was with Obelisk A, but I think Obelisk B is even more fun.

For us, the temple is the block graveyard.That's where you send blocks to be worthless. I love it when I can cover two or three blocks with the same two or three blocks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
I think your instincts and observations are spot on regarding Obelisks A. Which is why I never play with A any more. Once I played B, I've only ever played B again. A just too boring & simple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Chiou
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Well, yap. Obelisks A is a good place to serve as the junkard exactly. However, Obelisks actually is a powerful place to swing points. You can consider it as the army power in 7 Wonders if you have played it.
In two players game. Winning the Obelisks will get 18 points swing than losing the Obelisks. Instead of giving up Obelisks, being in the lead of Obelisks game until your opponent paid too much resource in Obelisks is still a good strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.