Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a few 2-player games so far of Imhotep. It's not a brain-burner, but very enjoyable.

Nevertheless, I have come across the following observation: the Obelisks A are rarely worth chasing in 2-player games, as it's much more beneficial to dump 5-6 stones of your opponent there. Any further stones just don't give them any more points. I'd prefer to send mine to any other site and make points instead.

Now, side B obviously offers more viable choices, but what about side A? Is it of any good apart from serving as a junkyard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Yordy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If boats only sail there a couple times during the game, then you can make a good amount of points for cheap.

However, I have seen the situation you describe as well but in a 4 player game. I was leading at the Obelisk early and the other players basically kept dumping my stones there to keep me from winning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Obelisks are one of my favorite strategies. I usually play four player games though but I love claiming the tallest obelisk. Last time I played was with Obelisk A, but I think Obelisk B is even more fun.

For us, the temple is the block graveyard.That's where you send blocks to be worthless. I love it when I can cover two or three blocks with the same two or three blocks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
I think your instincts and observations are spot on regarding Obelisks A. Which is why I never play with A any more. Once I played B, I've only ever played B again. A just too boring & simple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.