Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael West
Lithuania
Vilnius r.
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just wanted to check, but cities can take just one token, other than Constantinople, which can take three.

I ask as I was wondering about what happens when you play a card that allows you to place additional tokens. I saw that, if you place knights or rooks, you repress tokens that are already in the city, so I assme that you can only have a maximum of one unit per city no matter what and that units added by card cannot take you over this limit?

Why would you do this? I guess the repressed tokens come into play somehow, I am still just learning the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, one token per city, except Constantinople. Why do this? To add suppressed tokens to an empire, making future conspiracies and pleasant revolts more likely to succeed. Another reason would be to replace knights with rooks, making that empire less capable of conducting effective campaigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael West
Lithuania
Vilnius r.
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ahh I like that.. very sneaky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also you might want to repress tokens that aren't of a specific religion (b/c you're going for a religious victory, or you want to prevent holy wars there).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
michaelwest777 wrote:
I saw that, if you place knights or rooks, you repress tokens that are already in the city...

Remember that when you repress via agent placement (or a regime change), it costs 1 florin per piece repressed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael West
Lithuania
Vilnius r.
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes good point.. had not thought of that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.