1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [83] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Items Werewolf: Game over. Evil Wins! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sarah
msg tools
badge
Well behaved women don't defeat empires.
mbmbmbmbmb
ITEMS WEREWOLF!!!

17 Players*
12 goods (all villagers)
5 evils

*there may or may not be neutral roles

Starts when full.

Victory Conditions

Good- eliminate all werewolves and good wins!

Evil- evil must achieve parity, if at any point the number of wolves is equal to the number of non-wolves then evil wins!

There will be several items in this game which will be randomized at the start of the game. It will be noted within the item description if any items are designated to start with a good or evil player. There is no limit on the number of items a player can have at one time. Further, some items are required to be passed every night while others can be kept and some will be passed randomly if a player dies while holding an item. Please take careful note of the specifics of any items you have.

ITEMS

ITEMS WHICH MUST BE PASSED EACH NIGHT

CHARISMA TALISMAN - The person this is passed to cannot be lynched the next day. The recipient will be publicly announced at dawn. Cannot be passed to the person who passed it to you. Disappears in a Final 3.

IDOL OF PROSPERITY - The person this is passed to has +1 vote strength the next day. This is NOT publicly announced. Cannot be passed to the person who passed it to you. Disappears in a F3.

IDOL OF PESTILENCE - The person this is passed to has -1 vote strength the next day. This is NOT publicly announced. Cannot be passed to the person who passed it to you. Disappears in a F3.

AEGIS - If this is passed to the person targeted by the NK, Aegis is destroyed and the person is not killed. Cannot be passed to the person who passed to you.

NOTE: For both Idols and Aegis, please put in both a primary and backup order, targeting different people. If your primary is the person who passed it to you, the backup pass will take place instead. If no order is entered (or no secondary if applicable), the item will be passed to a random eligible person.

ITEMS WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT BE PASSED

POTION OF TRUE SEEING - Can be used during the night. Target a player, and learn whether he or she is max evil or not max evil. Consumed by usage.

POTION OF CONCEALMENT - Can be used during the night on self. If viewed during that night, the result will be 'Not Max' to Potion of True Seeing, 'Good' to Scrying Device, and 'No' to Midnight Cloak.

BLOOD RITUAL - During the day, the player possessing this item may target a player. Both the targeted player and the possessor will die.

CHAT MAKER (2x) - At the start of each day, the player possessing this will be given a random chat with another living player.

THE GUN - During the day, the possessor may target another player to shoot them. If the target does not have the Bulletproof Vest, he or she will die. The gun can only be used once in the game and then it disappears.

BULLETPROOF VEST - If the person possessing the bulletproof vest is targeted by the gun, he or she does not die.

MIDNIGHT CLOAK - During the night, target a player. You will receive a 'Yes' or 'No'. 'Yes' means that the target either executed a night action, used an item, passed an item, or received an item.

MISCHIEF BOX - During the night, target a player. If that player is a max evil, you will be informed of that fact. If that player is NOT a max evil, any items passed to that player during the night will be given to you instead.

SCRYING DEVICE - During the night the possessor of the Scrying Device may use the device in conjunction with a Lens, and target a player. A 'Good/Evil' result will be given. The veracity of the result depends on the Lens used. It is unknown to the players as to which lens produces which result. One lens will produce a true result, one will produce a naive result, one will produce a paranoid result and one will produce an insane result. A true result will show good/evil of the player being viewed. A paranoid view will show evil for all views. A naive view will show all views as good. An insane view will show the opposite results so good players will show evil and evil players will show as good.

DIAMOND LENS
RUBY LENS
EMERALD LENS
SAPPHIRE LENS

NOTES: The Potion of Concealment will always be given to a Max Evil. The Mischief Box will always be given to an Aux Evil. The Scrying Device will always be given to a Good. Also, the player given the Scrying Device will begin the game with a randomly assigned Lens. All other items may be given to any alignment to start the game. The items will be randomly allocated.

With co-mod
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
To love another person is to see the face of god
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Items Werewolf: Who Doesn't Love Stuff??!?!
Player List According to Cassandra:
BerenCamlost
Chronomodra
egburr
GaiusJC
monogarden
Mrfan
PaperF
Rhanddom
silverbonds
stonecutter129
Syntax3rror
tern73
TFang
theknightofcups
The_Rorab
TigerDoodle
xandryyte

17 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1678845

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Happy Pride!
badge
Stone is the worst!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra, because when has a Sarah modded game ever done me wrong? ;p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Sanctimonia Vincet Semper
badge
What's the use in being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it?
mbmbmbmbmb
As if there's any question I'm signing up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obvious Aux
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra. Sarah and ortho!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Just take a moment for yourself
badge
I have no idea
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the gun have multiple uses? And if an item is passed to the NK, what happens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
Percy Weasley
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the aegis announced publicly? It doesn't have the same wording as the +/- vote thingies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Sarah game! How could I refuse?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugvid wrote:
Does the gun have multiple uses? And if an item is passed to the NK, what happens?

Gun is one shot. After you fire it, it's gone for good.

If an item is passed to a NKd player, that item vanishes from the game. The only exception would be if an aux used the Mischief Box on a player who was being NKd and was receiving items. The aux would steal any items passed in that case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
Is the aegis announced publicly? It doesn't have the same wording as the +/- vote thingies.

The Aegis is not announced publicly.

The only one that gets announced publicly at dawn is the Charisma Talisman. Consequently, that's the only must-pass item where you don't need to put in a back-up pass, because you know who it was who gave it to you during the night, and who you therefore can't pass it to the next night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
btw, questions and clarification requests are greatly appreciated! We think we've got the scenarios worked through on how these items work/interact, but it's entirely possible that (A) we hadn't thought of corner cases or (B) we haven't articulated how it works fully/clearly in the rules post.

The general idea of the game is to create a game where there aren't really any roles hard-coded into the individual seats, and that the items are doing the work of the GS roles in adding information/spice to the game.

We may end up making some tweaks prior to this game starting as we think about it a little bit more from a balance POV. Your thoughts on balance would be helpful if you've got an opinion one way or the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
If this has not happened after the under the sea game and there is still a spot in i'll join for sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apocaloctopus
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just swapped items with Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Btw, I had a couple of games in the past that had items with viewing powers, and I found that you need to count them as far more powerful than a seer since players can use the item once or twice and then declare their views at the same time as passing the item which basically takes away the seer's normal downside to posting their views.

In light of that, this set seems rather heavily balanced towards good right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MumRoyal
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
3rrrrr
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify:

Potion of Concealment -
- Is it one use only?
- How does it interact with the scrying device lenses that are insane, naive and paranoid?

I don't see it initially called out but what happens to items held by people who are nk'd. It seems like they disappear based on an earlier post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
This needs to fill so we can start this week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayra
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Chaotic Neutral
badge
10268 days since the last Incident
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't read the rules at all on Cassandra
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Burr
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Blue meeples FTW!
badge
I'm so blue.
mbmbmbmbmb
silverbonds wrote:
I didn't read the rules at all on Cassandra

I thought the rule was "Don't read the rules."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatAblaze wrote:
Btw, I had a couple of games in the past that had items with viewing powers, and I found that you need to count them as far more powerful than a seer since players can use the item once or twice and then declare their views at the same time as passing the item which basically takes away the seer's normal downside to posting their views.

In light of that, this set seems rather heavily balanced towards good right now.

Thanks for the feedback, ThatAblaze!

My feeling is that in this case, both of the Seer items carry drawbacks (the main one needs lenses which need to be figured out and may be producing useless views, and the tracker one doesn't necessarily see alignment). So hopefully that mitigates the advantage for good that you mention.

Also, my belief is that evil starts with an advantage they don't have in nearly every BGG game - there are no claimable GS roles that allow good to dodge mislynches. For example, in a Hi game evil really can't mislynch the Seer, the Hunter, or the Martyr, so there are only 5/11 players on which a lynch can fall. In this game, everyone is essentially a villager, and so evil has more flexibility in finding mislynch scapegoats.

I guess we'll see what happens, though. Sarah and I have discussed the set again in light of your post. It's possible we'll make a behind the scenes tweak. Obviously, if the rules change the thread as a whole will be informed and the OP will be updated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Syntax3rror wrote:
To clarify:

Potion of Concealment -
- Is it one use only?
- How does it interact with the scrying device lenses that are insane, naive and paranoid?

I don't see it initially called out but what happens to items held by people who are nk'd. It seems like they disappear based on an earlier post.

Good questions!

Potion of Concealment is one use only.

insane returns 'evil', as though the target were good. Naive and Paranoid still return Good and Evil - the Potion of Concealment doesn't alter those views.

And yeah, the items (unless noted otherwise) disappear when people are NKd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're at 17. I'm going to put the game into go today and plan on first lynch tomorrow. If anyone has an issue with that let us know and we can see if we can accommodate. Please feel free to ask questions in regards to any items you may have in modchat. Thanks for joining!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Sanctimonia Vincet Semper
badge
What's the use in being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it?
mbmbmbmbmb
SarahBoBara wrote:
We're at 17. I'm going to put the game into go today and plan on first lynch tomorrow. If anyone has an issue with that let us know and we can see if we can accommodate. Please feel free to ask questions in regards to any items you may have in modchat. Thanks for joining!

I'm sort of in two 17ers right now already which might make a third one simultaneous kind of difficult heh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt J
msg tools
mbmbmb
I was going to say start the game before anyone complains whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
SarahBoBara wrote:

I'm sort of in two 17ers right now already which might make a third one simultaneous kind of difficult heh.

Hmmm... *goes to one of your games to suggest they lynch you*devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caitlin...!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [83] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.