The Fog of War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Neutrality of the USSR Provinces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Sason
msg tools
The rules 9.2 says:

Quote:
The USSR Provinces are all Neutral until one of them is attacked by the Axis, or the end of the 1942 turn, whichever comes rst.

Does this implies that if Axis attacks one of them in, say 1940, ALL of them automatically become controlled by Allies?

Prior to the end of 1942, can Allies attack one of the USSR Provinces? And if yes, the attacked province becomes controlled by Axis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
The Fog of War! Available now!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
apocatastasi wrote:
The rules 9.2 says:

Quote:
The USSR Provinces are all Neutral until one of them is attacked by the Axis, or the end of the 1942 turn, whichever comes rst.

Does this implies that if Axis attacks one of them in, say 1940, ALL of them automatically become controlled by Allies?

Prior to the end of 1942, can Allies attack one of the USSR Provinces? And if yes, the attacked province becomes controlled by Axis?

As soon as an Operation is launched against a USSR province, they all become controlled by the Allies, and the cards in the USSR box are shuffled into the Allied Draw Deck (except the URALS card, which is added to your controlled provinces).

In the incredibly unlikely event that the Allies choose to attack neutral USSR provinces, they would all become controlled by the Axis. In this case discard the USSR cards the Allies gain when the USSR is attacked by the Axis.

Having said this, I can't think of any tactical or strategic reason ever why the Allies would attack a neutral USSR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Sason
msg tools
Thank you very much! I have a copy of your game but I haven't played it yet: nonetheless it sounds very very interesting. Talk to you soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Sason
msg tools
One more question: if I want to attack Scandinavia from Ruhr, I have to possess either the North Sea or the Baltics since it counts as a naval operation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
The Fog of War! Available now!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
apocatastasi wrote:
One more question: if I want to attack Scandinavia from Ruhr, I have to possess either the North Sea or the Baltics since it counts as a naval operation?

Ruhr and Scandinavia are adjacent by land.

This is clarified in 9.6 GERMANY, on page 15.

Geoff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.