Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chris saman
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quick question: when I'm delivering an item to a spot....can I only deliver an item to a spot that isn't covered up by an item already there?

also: the symbols below the 7 event decks.....what purpose do they serve?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only deliver an item once there is no item there covering the black square. You can check them to see what you could potentially deliver there, but cannot actually deliver it til that item is gone.

The SS symbols are noted on the board. They indicate the amount of potential Gestapo Raid cards in each deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris saman
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
great. thanks for the quick reply, hoping to play this tonight and didn't have the board in front of me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries. Also, the rulebook has a couple of inconsistencies. Plot cards are NOT restricted cards, when you get out of jail following interrogation, your suspicion is set to High, not Extreme - it's only set to Extreme if someone breaks you out. The FAQ thread covers most of the issues. Also, my game aid in the file section does a good job of condensing the rulebook down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris saman
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll look at it right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin
msg tools
mbmbmb
"You can check them to see what you could potentially deliver".

Really? I agree you cannot deliver until an item on a square is gone.

But when are you allowed to look at what is underneath an item?
1. Can you always do that no matter if the item is revealed or not?
2. Or can you only look at the text after an item on that square is revealed?
3. Or can you only look at the text after the item is actually gone (picked up) (then you have to hold your eyes while flipping of course)?

Is it 1,2 or 3?
I find the rulebook not really saying anything on this - or I am wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... would you be allowed to take notes when playing the game for the first time, so you know which space says what underneath the item when you play it a second time? What happens if you remember them by accident? Or look at them even before you set the game up? The rules don't mention anything about those possibilities either.

It only makes sense that you are allowed to look what is underneath at any time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin
msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, I guess you can use it for also playing around with the difficulty of the game.

Thematically, a lot the squares you cannot even go to before later stages. So from a thematic viewpoint you could argue that since you have never been to those places (and therefore not revealed any titles) then how would you have any ideas what those places need delivered? So a variant could be to only allow you to look at the text at a place, once a tile was been releaved.

Of course having a good memory from previous games would then be an advantage that you would allow people to use, but that is in fine line with the general idea that previous games makes you better at the game. After all you start to remember what events happens in what stages.

Just saying, since the rules are not really explicit here, you can house rule it in different ways. Of course most players would probably just allow you to look at the text at all times. The games is already not so easy of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zaifrun wrote:
"You can check them to see what you could potentially deliver".

Really? I agree you cannot deliver until an item on a square is gone.

But when are you allowed to look at what is underneath an item?
1. Can you always do that no matter if the item is revealed or not?
2. Or can you only look at the text after an item on that square is revealed?
3. Or can you only look at the text after the item is actually gone (picked up) (then you have to hold your eyes while flipping of course)?

Is it 1,2 or 3?
I find the rulebook not really saying anything on this - or I am wrong?

I mean you can check the space, not the item. And you CANNOT deliver until the space is empty. It wouldn't make sense to not be allowed to check the space since you could just take notes before set up. That would be silly to forbid it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
msg tools
mbmbmb
I didn't play the game yet but am learning the rules.

When I read the rules I assume that the player does not have to move to the marked space to use the benefit. You only have to discard the required item, not? I suppose the player is sending a courrier to deliver the item instead of going there himself.
2. I guess you can deliver several times to the same space and not once, right?

Wouldn't it be interesting as a Optional rule to require to move to the space first before you deliver and use the benefit? To make the game even harder you could cover the marked space with a blanc tile so you can benefit only once.
To make it easier instead of discarding the item tile you could place it back in the space for later use.
Tell me what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to be in the space to deliver it. There is no UPS in the Axis.

You can deliver multiple times to the same space, but take care in not discarding all of a particular item that you might need for a plot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
msg tools
mbmbmb
If that is the case then we could make an optional rule to send it by courrier. If the Gestapo can track and trace the parcel, raise your Suspicion by one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.