BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: jrpg inspired card game rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chris laforce
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
Hey guys, I've been mulling this idea around for a while and I only just got most of it organized into a sort of rough rulebook. It's definitely not polished and has to be fleshed out and maybe reorganized a bit, but you I wanted to know how everyone responded to the idea. Looking for feedback on the mechanics mostly, but taking any ideas.

In short: Each player (up to four) takes control of a party of heroes, scoring victory points by moving from one location to another. To prevent your opponents from moving, you place monsters on their locations, forcing them to fight. As you play, your heroes level up, equip items and use abilities.

Link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0iWJqbmSyHNbl95b1Q3OXJHZDg...

Thanks for the time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick glance. Looks good. To help you get more people interested... What do you think is going to make it stand out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris laforce
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
Thanks for the look and question, definitely should have included that!

The market is beyond saturated and still filling with the same 'play monsters and spells to attack your opponent and reduce their life to zero' games. This ignores that system to directly support Multi-player games, doing away with player elimination or ganging up but still provides interaction and conflicts.

Additionally theres no card games (aside from anima maybe?) that seeks to emulate the conflicts of a jrpg party as it moves from location to location battling monsters while leveling up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.