Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The main page for this game says play time is about 100 minutes, but I've heard stories that indicate it can be longer than this. Can somebody give me a better feel for the actual play time? Does it change based on player count?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Spiegel
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say a good estimate for experienced players is about 30 minutes per player with it running a bit longer if playing with newbies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Pesta
msg tools
I have played this 4 times so far with mostly new people each time. I enjoyed the game so much that I don't remember how much time it took.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pestaside wrote:
I have played this 4 times so far with mostly new people each time. I enjoyed the game so much that I don't remember how much time it took.

Unfortunately this is not helpful as our gaming group only has 2 hours to play games between when people arrive and when the shop we normally go to closes. I'm happy to hear that the game provides this amount of fun, but it doesn't aid my purchase decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game takes a while to explain. I don't think you have any chance of finishing it in two hours unless everyone already knows how to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sham
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's exactly what a Cylon would say!
badge
All is dust...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played and taught Panamax many times. I would expect 30 minutes per new player, and about 30 minutes to explain all the rules from scratch. Less teaching time is needed if the players are willing to just 'get going' instead of hearing out all the minutiae and exceptions.

An experienced 3-4p group can finish a game in 20-25 minutes per player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New player games can be expected to run as high as 3 hours as has been the case with me. Games played with the same players afterwards were quicker but still over 2 hours for the most part since one player is prone to AP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.