Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Browne
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
Hey all,

Last week I ordered this from OPlaser - http://oplaser.co.uk/shop/arkham-horror-lgc-large.html

And I received it today - and thought I'd report back

See the images here: http://imgur.com/gallery/6gv0C

£34.98 delivered.

I'm very pleased - very good, loads of space, but I'm amazed it survived the very poor packaging
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Bergwall
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks great. Was searching for something like this I could order in the US. No luck so far, found one place that listed something similar but it was out of stock. Any one know of somthing? Don't really care if it has Arkham Horror written on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Browne
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
If you're looking for something similar in the US - you'll need to look for the hobby lobby artist case and the go7 gaming insert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias F
Germany
flag msg tools
Have you seen the yellow sign have you seen the yellow sign have you seen the yellow sign have you seen
badge
Tobaius Is Not A Cylon
mbmbmbmbmb
Just what I was looking for. I ordered one of those a few minutes ago (shipping to Germany was reasonabe). Many thanks for finding this!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goirish 374
msg tools
US shipping is brutal :/

ah, well. it's a fine box!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Browne
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
Goirish374 wrote:
US shipping is brutal :/

ah, well. it's a fine box!

As I've said, if you're in the USA the best similar option is the hobby lobby artist case + the go7 gaming insert or the broken token insert.

The only reason I had to find a UK based solution is because shipping from the USA is brutal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abaddon Wormwood
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think this one would be very smart for the game: http://oplaser.co.uk/shop/amityville-card-storage.html

Shipping from the US or U.K. is alway brutal for us… so word to the wise: Suck it up

Wormwood

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks awesome! Sadly they don't seem to ship to Sweden.
Perhaps they'll fix it at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sheldrake
Wales
Llanddowror
Dyfed
flag msg tools
Hiya Jon,

The packing is to keep the weight down and is made to survive a 10 foot drop onto a solid surface

Hi Peter, Sweden has been added, the reason I had omitted it originally was simply cost, the postal prices from here to Sweden are the same as here to Australia for some reason

In general after a given weight it's not the weight that is the killer, it's the size (volumetric size) that kicks the prices up to silly levels

Thanks for the kind words folks

best wishes

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sheldrake
Wales
Llanddowror
Dyfed
flag msg tools
Lord of Wormwood wrote:
I think this one would be very smart for the game: http://oplaser.co.uk/shop/amityville-card-storage.html

Shipping from the US or U.K. is alway brutal for us… so word to the wise: Suck it up

Wormwood

Hiya,

To be honest the Amityville case was a flight of madness I used to make scale models of the amity house (the younger son of the Lutz family (Christopher) the story is about is an old friend)so I got details from him about how the house should look and the scaleable sizes.

It's highly likely due to the time they take to make and amount of work involved in assembling them I'll probably list the cad drawings for laser cutters on the web site for sale so other laser users can buy them to make the houses for sale. I'm buried under boxes at the moment so making more of the Amity models is unlikely to be a high priority in the future.

best wishes

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Jameson
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is so cool, I just paid the shipping to get one of these to Australia. Treat yoself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Browne
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
OPLS wrote:
Hiya Jon,

The packing is to keep the weight down and is made to survive a 10 foot drop onto a solid surface

Hi Peter, Sweden has been added, the reason I had omitted it originally was simply cost, the postal prices from here to Sweden are the same as here to Australia for some reason

In general after a given weight it's not the weight that is the killer, it's the size (volumetric size) that kicks the prices up to silly levels

Thanks for the kind words folks

best wishes

Dave

No worries - thanks for a great product! Was happy to share/promote it since not many people had seen OPlaser before.

Is a flatpack version a possibility to save on P&P?

Also what are the chances of this becoming a non-limited product? I'm sure you'll have demand!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OPLS wrote:

Thanks so much!
Sadly this is the wrong month for expensive shipping. But if it's still available after christmas I'll definitely order a copy!

jonboyjon wrote:
No worries - thanks for a great product! Was happy to share/promote it since not many people had seen OPlaser before.

Thanks for sharing!

jonboyjon wrote:

That's a great idea!
Shipping is pretty high as is. But I'd be happy to get a flatpack version even before christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sheldrake
Wales
Llanddowror
Dyfed
flag msg tools
jonboyjon wrote:

Also what are the chances of this becoming a non-limited product? I'm sure you'll have demand!

Flatpack is definitely possible, I've just sent 6 in flatpack to Denmark and it's a LOT cheaper to send.
It's likely to become a standard product if demand keeps up

I've been making gamer parts like this for 7 years but never really direct to retail, most of it was just volume cutting on an industrial basis so folks never knew I had anything to do with it

Anything that saves on end user costs I'm happy to go for
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OPLS wrote:
Flatpack is definitely possible, I've just sent 6 in flatpack to Denmark and it's a LOT cheaper to send.

Sounds good to me!
How would one order one of these flat packs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sheldrake
Wales
Llanddowror
Dyfed
flag msg tools
Let me go and have a look Peter at what I can adjust on the web shop software to allow for flatpack, it may be a discount code that reduces the total cost, not quite sure yet how to do it. Shouldn't take long though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Scothern
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! What kind of finish does it have? Could it be painted/stained/varnished/ink washed etc?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sheldrake
Wales
Llanddowror
Dyfed
flag msg tools
scotherns wrote:
Nice! What kind of finish does it have? Could it be painted/stained/varnished/ink washed etc?

To be honest I have no idea, I've never tried. I'm just about hopeless with any kind of wood staining or painting ,even painting doors in the house for me is a nightmare I'm guessing that furniture made from MDF is painted so I would think these can be as well. depending on weight I can chuck some offcuts in the boxes when they go out if it's useful for folks to practice on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OPLS wrote:
Let me go and have a look Peter at what I can adjust on the web shop software to allow for flatpack, it may be a discount code that reduces the total cost, not quite sure yet how to do it. Shouldn't take long though

Thanks!
Let me know when you have a fix and I'll place my order!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sheldrake
Wales
Llanddowror
Dyfed
flag msg tools
Latest news on cases

The Arkham Horror Limited Edition is sold out
The Arkham Horror Storage Vault (the same huge case but without the two token trays)is still available but is down to the last 5 available, both are being removed once current supplies are exhausted due to the high cost of production and massive postal costs for these 8.5 KG cases.

As of Dec 31st we will be withdrawing from supplying to the following countries:

Australia
New Zealand
Hong Kong

This is for the simple reason of postal costs, we don't charge the full postal cost on any item (for example the £4.99 UK charge is actually £5.60 to us) and EU supplies that cost £10.99 on the site actually costs us £13.27. On these locations we can continue to do it but the costs to the 3 above countries that are charged at £22.63 actually costs us £47.88 on the latest postal price increases.

Between now and Dec 31st nothing will change and we will continue to supply to anywhere. If a more reasonable supplier for transport can be found we would of course re-visit the situation again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abaddon Wormwood
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Let me know when you knock out a flat-pack of the Amityville and the AH Storage Vault or better yet sell the cut files. I am sure I could talk https://www.miniaturescenery.com/ onto the job.

Wormwood

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sheldrake
Wales
Llanddowror
Dyfed
flag msg tools
Lord of Wormwood wrote:
Let me know when you knock out a flat-pack of the Amityville and the AH Storage Vault or better yet sell the cut files. I am sure I could talk https://www.miniaturescenery.com/ onto the job.

Wormwood

Hiya Wormwood,

The Amity house plan is now in the shop and is licensed for commercial use. (ie: you can buy the plan then make them to sell if you wish to)

best wishes

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sheldrake
Wales
Llanddowror
Dyfed
flag msg tools
Shop status and news updates now available http://oplaser.co.uk/Blog/.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sheldrake
Wales
Llanddowror
Dyfed
flag msg tools
Anybody still reading just got a bonus

"weekendbonus" used without the " " as a coupon code till Sunday night at midnight gets you 15% off of all web shop orders
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.