Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » General

Subject: Resource Generation? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yul Beauchamps
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So during the preview event I was able to get some pretty cool cards (Falcon and AT-ST) but the cost on them is pretty steep. I found that low cost cards early really helps your tempo but even late game I just couldn't find the resources to put these bad boys out.

Is there any cards out there w/ dice that are good for resource generation? Most cards I have either have no or just one resource icon. The only other card I have that might help is a yellow card "smuggler" or something (can't remember) that allows you to get 1 resource but you have to discard another card. That's two cards for 1 resource.

When you constantly need to hold back a couple resource just for events it doesn't leave a lot of opportunities. Hey, I get it...you shouldn't be able to drop an AT-ST on turn 1 but I don't want to be a punching back for 3 turns before I can get the chance to put it down. That's also assuming someone doesn't disrupt them in the mean time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hawkeye75 wrote:
So during the preview event I was able to get some pretty cool cards (Falcon and AT-ST) but the cost on them is pretty steep. I found that low cost cards early really helps your tempo but even late game I just couldn't find the resources to put these bad boys out.

Is there any cards out there w/ dice that are good for resource generation? Most cards I have either have no or just one resource icon. The only other card I have that might help is a yellow card "smuggler" or something (can't remember) that allows you to get 1 resource but you have to discard another card. That's two cards for 1 resource.

When you constantly need to hold back a couple resource just for events it doesn't leave a lot of opportunities. Hey, I get it...you shouldn't be able to drop an AT-ST on turn 1 but I don't want to be a punching back for 3 turns before I can get the chance to put it down. That's also assuming someone doesn't disrupt them in the mean time.

There are indeed characters that make resource gain very easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's definitely stuff out there for resource gain, each with varying levels of hurt depending on the affiliation and colors you're running. You can always hope to pull a Datapad, which should help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Accident Gamer
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Yea it seems like it will be a lot easier to ramp into high cost upgrades like One With The Force and Mind Probe than it will be to ramp into high cost support and events, due to the over-write option on upgrades.

However, I think Datapad and Comlink will allow for good resource generation in the first few turns without feeling too much like a punching bag. Then after you got your big daddy out they can then be overwritten for weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Larson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't recall the names of the cards, but one yellow card allowed you to discard a card to gain a resource. Then a blue villain card (Enrage?) that lets you take a damage to gain a resource. Those are the only cards I know of at this point, other than generation from dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Red has Drudge Work, as well. Blue has It Binds All Things, which reduces cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Steinke
United States
Opelika
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife is running a Ray/Amidala deck and it generates resources like crazy. Throw in a couple upgrades and a BB-8 and it'll be boss at it. If With a decent roll you can generate your five resources with your dice alone. And with Amidala's double focus side you can straight up turn your dice to resources if you need.

Sadly, I don't know of any Villains with the Double Focus side like Amidala does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When experimenting with a new build, you should start with 2 copies of Datapad and then add 28 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yul Beauchamps
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, it's good to know there is some options even if I don't have access to them yet. I don't have commlink or datapad yet...that just means I need to buy more boosters.

I do like the game though, many decks I'd like to try but just need the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hawkeye75 wrote:
Cool, it's good to know there is some options even if I don't have access to them yet. I don't have commlink or datapad yet...that just means I need to buy more boosters.

I do like the game though, many decks I'd like to try but just need the cards.

Welcome to the wonderful world of CCGs. Playing LCGs for so long has gotten me spoiled. When I want to build a Thrones deck, I just build it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.