Popular Tags: [View All]
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
Does your mother know your doing that?
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife played the Wild Card "Scare Tactics" in response to my March Card (with a power of 6). What Happens?

The Scare Tactics card states "Remove 1 Opponent Support Point from the Country and Lose Initiative.

She did remove a Communist point from one of my Battlegrounds.

She doesn't have initiative yet since she didn't roll to see if she could match my Power 6 March Card. Does playing this card mean that the defender does not attempt to roll for initiative at all?

This is only our second attempt at learning this game, so we are painstakingly slow at it.

Many thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Riekkinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Defender can´t play scare tactics. It has to played when you have initiative. Then the other player doesn´t play anything for defense, but gets automaticly initiative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is that described in the rulebook? I see where it states that the Attacker cannot use Tactic Fails and that Defender can use it, but no mention is made on when or by whom can play the other Wildcards.

Or is this something that somehow should be "just understood"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domenic
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fly by Night wrote:
Where is that described in the rulebook? I see where it states that the Attacker cannot use Tactic Fails and that Defender can use it, but no mention is made on when or by whom can play the other Wildcards.

Or is this something that somehow should be "just understood"?

8.3.2 STEP 1 says that the attacker can play any suited card, some leader cards, and any wild card except Tactic Fails.
8.3.2 STEP 2 says that cards of the same suit can be played, leader cards might be able to be played, and Tactic Fails can be played.
Thus, STEP 2 does not authorize any wild cards other than Tactic Fails to be played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it, thanks. That could have been better explained in the rulebook however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domenic
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fly by Night wrote:
Got it, thanks. That could have been better explained in the rulebook however.

No problem. In this case, I think "special" would have been a better choice of wording instead of "wild." Wild brings in the connotations of wild cards from poker and other games, where a wild card can match anything. Without those connotations from outside the rulebook, the wording would probably not have been confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.