6 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Has the gold smoke knight replaced the king? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
From update 1 Poots says that the gold smoke knight is the true end boss.

Does this mean we will never see the king? Is it too powerful? Or will it be an alternate campaign expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
msg tools
mbmbmb
It looks like it's moving towards the Forge God or something along those lines rather than The King.

I hope we do see The King, it makes sense that he'd make an appearance somewhere seeing as two of his dudes wreck havoc every so often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Slaaneth wrote:
From update 1 Poots says that the gold smoke knight is the true end boss.

Does this mean we will never see the king? Is it too powerful? Or will it be an alternate campaign expansion?

Only Adam knows. But from his message during the Lantern Festival cancellation, it sounded like he foresaw the King as being part of a more complex expansion or a new core game.

He has all the plastic made for the monsters and figures, so I highly doubt he's going to let it go to waste. He likely hasn't determined what exact form the King will take, but I practically guarantee it will not show up in this campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gold Smoke Knight is the new final boss on a campaign that lasts 5 years more.
Nothing Adam has said so far, means the campaign can't be expanded further and that the king won't be in on it.
I hope we see the king and better soon than later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gold Smoke Knight IS included in just the 1.5 upgrade kit, yes? Heard a yes ok the other thread but doesn't hurt to double check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey M
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Epidemius wrote:
Gold Smoke Knight IS included in just the 1.5 upgrade kit, yes? Heard a yes ok the other thread but doesn't hurt to double check.

Yes, he's included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.