14 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: It's good to keep checking... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A J
msg tools
mbmbmb
To the person who cancelled their $777 Gamblers pledge I thank thee.
On the off chance it was available I looked and heyoooo.

Anyone else found themselves quite lucky this KS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to the general confusion of the opening day for this KS project, and the high price associated with buying in, I think you're going to see a fair amount of switching pledges. There will definitely be EB's for the persistent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House of Cards
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would suspect the "One must trust in Poots's" mentality will only last so long especially for those buying in for the first time. Four Million into the campaign with people pledging 1K plus and the total reveal is one $15 add on pinup with another announced. Confusion abounds but sooner than later people are going to want to see more than...

WTF my head exploded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope another person drops from that level because I pledged this morning, ten minutes after the campaign started and I went too fast.
Unfortunately being at work has prevented me from changing the level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Espinosa
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I look at it like this: This is a KS for an established product (sold out and highly valued as well) seeking a reprint and they are allowing me to purchase this improved version of the product for half of its retail price. This is the first KS that I could care less if there end up being any stretch goals. Very excited for this one and even without stretch goals, I am getting an amazing deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Hellertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
This whole game is basically it's own kickstarter exclusive at this point. I don't really picture any crazy exclusive bonuses like you see in other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Bagsværd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have that pledge.

Not much value yet... but again that pledge is the spirit of the game

Pain, suffering, etc. A true gambel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
checkedout wrote:
I would suspect the "One must trust in Poots's" mentality will only last so long especially for those buying in for the first time. Four Million into the campaign with people pledging 1K plus and the total reveal is one $15 add on pinup with another announced. Confusion abounds but sooner than later people are going to want to see more than...

If you can't wait 40-some days for the reveals in the campaign, good luck during fulfillment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack
Poland
Warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
Did someone say peanut butter?
badge
Poseidon Energy!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been researching KD:M quite a while now and I decided to back this project. I got really excited when I woke up in the morning and saw e-mail with "kickstarter is live" notice. When I opened the KS page the "black friday lantern" pledge had around 900/1000 backers, so I got even more excited - I didn't think that in my timezone it'll be possible to get early birds.

However... I decided to wait until late December or January with my pledge. I had some important expenses this month and didn't want to drain my wallet even more. It was really hard decision seeing those 900/1000 fill up, and even later, when I refreshed KS page in work, another 500 slots also fill up within minutes cry

Do you think there would be any difference if I wait that long? All core games are going to be shipped in 2017 (I won't fall into later shipment waves or anything?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
divibyzero wrote:
I've been researching KD:M quite a while now and I decided to back this project. I got really excited when I woke up in the morning and saw e-mail with "kickstarter is live" notice. When I opened the KS page the "black friday lantern" pledge had around 900/1000 backers, so I got even more excited - I didn't think that in my timezone it'll be possible to get early birds.

However... I decided to wait until late December or January with my pledge. I had some important expenses this month and didn't want to drain my wallet even more. It was really hard decision seeing those 900/1000 fill up, and even later, when I refreshed KS page in work, another 500 slots also fill up within minutes cry

Do you think there would be any difference if I wait that long? All core games are going to be shipped in 2017 (I won't fall into later shipment waves or anything?).

KS doesn't actually charge you anything until the campaign finishes on Jan 7 (?) so if you see a slot open on a pledge level that you might want then jump on it. Later on you can always swap to a lower one or drop out completely...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
divibyzero wrote:

Errrr, you *do* realize that no matter when you pledge, you're only going to get charged after the END of the campaign, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack
Poland
Warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
Did someone say peanut butter?
badge
Poseidon Energy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Flamin_Jesus wrote:
divibyzero wrote:

Errrr, you *do* realize that no matter when you pledge, you're only going to get charged after the END of the campaign, right?

Ermm, I didn't realize that, thanks It's my first KS backing actually. I feel stupid now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House of Cards
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
checkedout wrote:

If you can't wait 40-some days for the reveals in the campaign, good luck during fulfillment.

Oh. I personally have one of the bigger pledges but the point was the non-traditional stretch goal approach could be a turn off for some. A group of people like to reveal stretch goals since it gives a sense of participation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
checkedout wrote:
Oh. I personally have one of the bigger pledges but the point was the non-traditional stretch goal approach could be a turn off for some. A group of people like to reveal stretch goals since it gives a sense of participation.

Adam is almost certainly going I planned out $1-2 million of stretch Goals and now I need to do the maths to make sure the next $3-4 million don't break the bank.

And how to keep interest high for the next 38 days, without finding himself having to deliver the highest funded Kickstarter of all time..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.