Blood Bowl (2016 edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Exclusive Special Play Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Mouser
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know how many special play cards are in the box, and what the title of the web exclusive special play card is? I ordered my blood bowl and death zone from GW on the first pre-order day and both my order and packing slip say I should have an exclusive card. All I have is a badge.

Is the special play card in the deck with the originals, or am I missing the card?

I have 10 special play cards at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks from above
mbmbmbmbmb
I collected mine from the shop and there was a card inserted in the GW Christmas catalog (I got two badges, though).

Edit: here's a pic of the card:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mouser
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I checked inside the catalogue and deathzone incase they put it in there...nothing. there are some fairly large gaps where they didn't put tape on the box edge. Considering its more expensive to buy from GW than the local guy, pretty crappy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Guibord
Canada
Vaudreuil-dorion
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. Pre-ordered from GW and no card exclusive here. I will get in touch with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mouser
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guibs wrote:
Same here. Pre-ordered from GW and no card exclusive here. I will get in touch with them.

Had to just email, they're closed till Monday for thanksgiving

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Lloyd
United States
flag msg tools
...as in my brain fails me at times.
badge
"I like turtles"
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got off the phone with GW customer service in the U.S. who gave me the "Oh no! We forgot to include the web exclusive card? Oopsie! Here's a pdf file of it instead".

When I called I said I received my copy of Blood Bowl in the mail today and something was missing. The customer service rep immediately said, "The web exclusive card?" I'm guessing they allowed too many to be added to the online cart and ran out so they are just faking that they sent them to everyone and poorly feigning surprise when contacted about it being missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
msg tools
FortyRock
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparatus wrote:
I just got off the phone with GW customer service in the U.S. who gave me the "Oh no! We forgot to include the web exclusive card? Oopsie! Here's a pdf file of it instead".

When I called I said I received my copy of Blood Bowl in the mail today and something was missing. The customer service rep immediately said, "The web exclusive card?" I'm guessing they allowed too many to be added to the online cart and ran out so they are just faking that they sent them to everyone and poorly feigning surprise when contacted about it being missing.

Man that sucks - hopefully it's just a matter of a piss-poor attitude of a couple of individual customer reps.

If it were me, I'd try calling back again tomorrow morning in hopes of reaching someone different. If still the same spiel, I'd then go to social media (it's quite powerful for this sort of thing).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain Less
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The players cards were also missing from my skaven team expansion...oh wait...that's right, GW will sell them to me later on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Lloyd
United States
flag msg tools
badge
"I like turtles"
mbmbmbmbmb
lajaro wrote:
Man that sucks - hopefully it's just a matter of a piss-poor attitude of a couple of individual customer reps.

If it were me, I'd try calling back again tomorrow morning in hopes of reaching someone different. If still the same spiel, I'd then go to social media (it's quite powerful for this sort of thing).

Tonight they told me that since they were limited cards the only way they would be able to send any replacement of missing cards would be if the warehouse found any that fell out of boxes. Everything in the box was well packed and the Deathzone book was wrapped in protective packing material. There was a Christmas Gift Guide also in the box. PLENTY of places in the box to safely place the card but the rep said the cards were placed loosely in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mouser
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should have just bought from a local retailer for a 20% discount (or whatever they can give). I called GW this morning at opening, they said they'd look around for some, but it's likely they don't have any and that they over estimated how many they had, in which case they'll send me a pdf. But I know I was probably one of the earliest pre-orders in north america, and i said this to them, they said probably that for promos its not first come first served, more first packed for shipping first served.

My box had large un-taped areas with many gaps, but my guess they never put it in there.I opened the box to see if it was inside in the card deck...nope, maybe I'll see if i can get a full refund and just go down to the local guy and get the discount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mouser
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a response, all cards have been sent out, so I will not be receiving one.

There is a lesson here for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
msg tools
FortyRock
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
piemaster713 wrote:

I just looked online and they do say it's "sold out" and "while supplies last." Whether or not this was there from the start I don't know.

While it's still a first world problem, I do feel bad for all those who didn't get what they were expecting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
piemaster713 wrote:

Same boat here.

And the lesson for me is: order from non-GW store that offers a discount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Lloyd
United States
flag msg tools
badge
"I like turtles"
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always buy one off someone on eBay:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mouser
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparatus wrote:
You can always buy one off someone on eBay:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

shake

I'll take 10 at that price!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Guibord
Canada
Vaudreuil-dorion
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that sucks. Just to teach them, anyone can share the pdf file in the file section so we can have it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vuud wrote:
The players cards were also missing from my skaven team expansion...oh wait...that's right, GW will sell them to me later on...

player cards aren't part of the game usually. they only define vanilla players so they're not very useful in league play. I believe the cards are only available for the models in the base set to make it more user friendly for beginners
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently I got lucky. I just received my box today (another story), and the web card happened to be in the Christmas catalog (which I almost threw out by instinct) but decided to hold on for some reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Gw's AU branch is bailing out the US branch. Should have my replacement card in a few weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.