Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ulrich Roth
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The first / second in a room score 4 / 2 points.
Couldn't that just as well be 2 / 1 points?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, yeah, I'm wondering about this too. Also, I will mostly be playing this with just 2-players, so the scoring might as well be just 1 pt per room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Marano
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qswanger wrote:
Um, yeah, I'm wondering about this too. Also, I will mostly be playing this with just 2-players, so the scoring might as well be just 1 pt per room.

Not necessarily. It depends on how you choose to interpret the scoring rules for two players. You could interpret the official rules that scoring two points for the 'second position' in any given room requires that you have placed at least one chip in that room. Thus it would be possible for a person to score four points, and the other player to score nothing. I haven't played enough games with two players to see how this scoring interpretation compares to the alternative (where the second player scores two points whether or not they have actually placed a chip in a given room).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris Popov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Since ties do not lead to dividing the points, there are only 2 possible score one gets from a room - 4, 2 or 0 points. They could have just as easily gone with 2, 1 and 0 instead.

The only plausible reason to go 4-2-0 I can think of is that a longer score track looks better on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
r2d2m2 wrote:
Since ties do not lead to dividing the points, there are only 2 possible score one gets from a room - 4, 2 or 0 points. They could have just as easily gone with 2, 1 and 0 instead.

The only plausible reason to go 4-2-0 I can think of is that a longer score track looks better on the board.

Also, perhaps that dealing with even numbers only is easier for most people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.