Subject: Change log, Gambler's Chest & stretch goals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm confused, what is what? Posts said in update #3 that change log isn't stretch goals but ready content that was planned all along. So why are there dollar amounts there then?

Is Gambler's chest something that is already set in stone and trickling the info is just a way to have something to update every day? What purpose is the roll if it everything is eventually going to be revealed anyway? Is there a chance that we don't get something good because of a bad roll? If it is so who supervises the roll and who knows what's hidden and where?

And is that pinup REALLY the first stretch goal?

So many questions. KD:M IS a great game, but after Scythe and Mythic Battles Kickstarters this campaign isn't really well handled at the moment. The lack of transparency is disturbing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Reed
United States
LINCOLNTON
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess on the Change Log was that he maybe did not expect the game to explode as fast as it did. This was content that was ready to go and was going to trickle out slowly over the entire run of the KS.

The Gamblers Chest is a little confusing to me as well but I think the idea was to once again slowly trickle out content for this over the course of the campaign. Considering the $100 cost of the chest I am going to guess that it will be full of content by the end of the KS.

I imagine that traditional Stretch Goals were and or still planned but wanted to gauge the initial reaction before posting them. I expect several more Stretch Goals to be announced both free and add-ons over the course of the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Changelog - A set of changes for 1.5 that were planned, developed, and won't delay the delivery of the core game or update pack. However, those things would not have been unlocked/added to the core game if the funding wasn't hit. So these were pre-developed stretch goals

Gambler's Box - A $100 add-on box (Adam said in the comments he will make it an add-on for those that don't have it included in their pledge. The content for this box is also already known by Adam, and it is all already "unlocked." It just hasn't been revealed. Adam is treating this like a Kingdom Death advent calendar - every day he's going to reveal another item in the box.

TRUE stretch goals are things that haven't been fully developed, so will be delivered after the core game/update pack and Gambler's box. We have already arguably hit many of these, but Adam (who thought the planned content would last him the length of the campaign) is now just going to reveal things as he has time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordjinn wrote:

So many questions. KD:M IS a great game, but after Scythe and Mythic Battles Kickstarters this campaign isn't really well handled at the moment. The lack of transparency is disturbing.

Sheesh. The campaign hasn't even been running for 24 hours, and people are already making outrageous complaints like "lack of transparency." I definitely envy Adam's success, but I sure wouldn't want to deal with the KS nonsense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Stanton
United States
Paoli
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At $4.27 million dollars, is this the largest Kickstarter by $ ever? If not, what is. Of course this just started TODAY and has 42 days left!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Castle
Delaware
flag msg tools
Largest Kickstarter is Exploding Kittens at $8,782,571 I really hope Kingdom Death beats it as I personally am not a fan of Exploding Kittens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Wannes
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah, my first reacttion this morning was "wtf, $4million and the first SG is a male pinup add on??". I really hope he shows more unlocked SG soon. Although I can understand he is probably a bit overwhelmed by the success so far
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
Ireland
flag msg tools
DavidT wrote:
Mordjinn wrote:

Sheesh. The campaign hasn't even been running for 24 hours, and people are already making outrageous complaints like "lack of transparency." I definitely envy Adam's success, but I sure wouldn't want to deal with the KS nonsense.

"Outrageous complaints"? Bullshit, there are numerous comments on the KS and threads here and elsewhere where people are expressing their confusion over the gamblers box, the "first" stretchgoal being at 3.4 million,etc. thats because there is an objective lack of transparency.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uthred wrote:
DavidT wrote:
Mordjinn wrote:

"Outrageous complaints"? Bullshit, there are numerous comments on the KS and threads here and elsewhere where people are expressing their confusion over the gamblers box, the "first" stretchgoal being at 3.4 million,etc. thats because there is an objective lack of transparency.

Sounds like a lot of whining to me for day 2 of a kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Stanton
United States
Paoli
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hish wrote:
Largest Kickstarter is Exploding Kittens at $8,782,571 I really hope Kingdom Death beats it as I personally am not a fan of Exploding Kittens.

Wow!!! Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uthred wrote:
DavidT wrote:
Mordjinn wrote:

Stretch Goals are meant to be a stretch. If the campaign makes 4 mil day one, why do you think we have unlocked ANY stretch holds? Smart campaigns wait until things settle then post the stretch goals, so you know, we stretch to hit them. The designer owe us nothing at this point. I recommend just settling in and enjoying the ride.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Uthred wrote:
DavidT wrote:
Mordjinn wrote:

No, they really are outrageous. The campaign is 40+ days and no money has been exchanged. It really wouldn't make sense to reveal everything and have 38 day in between campaign lull. Knowing this does it really make sense to complain about the lack of transparency? Have a little faith that by the end of the campaign there's going to be a ton of stuff offered for your money. If not, no harm no foul, cancel your pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Bigsixer wrote:
Uthred wrote:
DavidT wrote:
Mordjinn wrote:

Stretch Goals are meant to be a stretch. If the campaign makes 4 mil day one, why do you think we have unlocked ANY stretch holds? Smart campaigns wait until things settle then post the stretch goals, so you know, we stretch to hit them. The designer owe us nothing at this point. I recommend just settling in and enjoying the ride.

Agreed. We've got 41 more days of Poots probably showing off stuff he either has already, plans to produce, or is in the R&D stages. Because we all collectively threw our wallets at the man like so many founding stones, we probably knocked a scheduled revealing of the goods into a cocked hat.

Seriously now, the male pinups we've seen were possibly all grouped together as a single reveal, but now to keep the KS sorta going on the "hidden" goals path that KS Backers expect, he probably chopped the section up to give him some time to reassess how and what to reveal.

Calm down, anyway. The only thing anyone will get in the next year is going to be the 1.5 Core Box and Upgrade Packs. Everything else is set for 2018.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Delinck
United States
Hobart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poots has said he wants to be able to reveal something new almost every day, which I can understand. And it isn't like you can't change your pledge on the very last day if you don't like something. And being an early bird is always a leap of faith, so I don't see any issue with the transparency so far.

Honestly, the campaign still has well over a month to go. People need to chill out and be patient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you guys think are the odds the Gambler's Chest has one or two expansions in it? Also will the chest actually be a physical chest shipped to me eventually? Or is it more so a conceptual "goodie bag"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Curtz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
It's going to be an actual box. Sounds like it will mostly be new rules and the stuff to support them, but I'd be shocked if there weren't some model sprues in there as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I dun goofed.
badge
I dun goofed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Epidemius wrote:
What do you guys think are the odds the Gambler's Chest has one or two expansions in it? Also will the chest actually be a physical chest shipped to me eventually? Or is it more so a conceptual "goodie bag"?

If we don't get an actual wooden chest like this one:

Then it's *clearly* not worth it.

/s
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Relax. It's 40+ Day campaign that probably got all of its funding in first 3 days. I'm assuming he just wants to keep it interesting for rest of the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Bagsværd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This campaign is like playing the game!!

And I like it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Stanton
United States
Paoli
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's sweet!!! I would guess we're going to get more stretch goals than we can currently imagine.

Just wait until Adam Kickstarts his sequel to KD:M!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the sequel?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I dun goofed.
badge
I dun goofed.
mbmbmbmbmb
eharding wrote:
What's the sequel?
Thanks!

Pretty sure that was a joke

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Uthred wrote:
Bullshit, there are numerous comments on the KS and threads here and elsewhere where people are expressing their confusion over the gamblers box, the "first" stretchgoal being at 3.4 million,etc. thats because there is an objective lack of transparency.

Given that the Kickstarter is about to hit $5 million, I see no reason to cater to the people who can't hold their water for the weeks it will take to discover everything about the Gambler's Box and stretch goals.

Remember, people can always increase or back out of a pledge on Day 41 of the Kickstarter, when virtually all is known. I appreciate that everyone wants to save themselves a few bucks by grabbing the exact right Black Friday pledge, but I feel they need to recognize that the cost of that is a little uncertainty while the Kickstarter plays out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.