SeaFall» Forums » General

Subject: Need help with Captain's Booke, paying GeekGold if interested rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
We will be kicking off our Twitch and YouTube stream on December 2nd for SeaFall and will have Rob Daviau live on our stream when we do.

We are really trying to make this stream rock, but we really really need some help with one piece.

We are trying to avoid spoilers, but we want to have the entries for the Captain's Booke show up on the stream when we go to read them aloud. To do so, we need every single entry from the book written into its own individual txt file.

So as an example, when we are told to look up say entry 252, we need a file 252.txt that our app can load and put up on the screen for our viewers so they can read along.

If anyone is willing to help transcribe all the entries, I can pay 250 Geek Gold to whomever does. If interested please send me a message here. Note, we need all of them done no later than November 30th so we have time to test everything for the stream.

For those interested, we will be streaming every other week starting on Friday December 2nd @ 8pm PST. Our following streams should start between 7:30pm.

http://www.twitch.com/gene_defect
http://www.youtube.com/forgedbygeeks

Also, if you like Tower Defense, please check out my board game that is hitting Kickstarter in January - https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/197705/defense-grid-boar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Ratliff
msg tools
Dibs. I'll start typing now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
TheCheeto71 wrote:
Dibs. I'll start typing now.

Thanks!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casual Tryhard
msg tools
It'd be a good idea to also include

Spoiler (click to reveal)
A searchable file for the gameplay-relevant material that later appears in the Captain's Booke and is difficult to track down again after you read it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Hexprone wrote:
It'd be a good idea to also include

That may be a bit harder to do, at least initially. Though, if we wanted to show any Captain's Booke stuff again on the fly, it would be quite easy to do.

This is probably the most complicated overlay system I have created yet for streaming. We are going to have 2 custom apps powering it, 1 that each of the 4 players use to keep their data up to date on the screen, and an additional app I will be using to drive the general data.

In addition, I have digitized almost all of the game's art and have created custom layouts for the Province Boards to make them fit on the screen better. So, as an example, if a player upgrades a farm, they just have to select the upgrade in the app and push it to the screen.

Ohh, and to top it all off, if we decide to actually position ourselves in clockwise order (may not be possible due to video limitations), we can dynamically load different player data in different corners of the screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casual Tryhard
msg tools
forgedbygeeks wrote:
Ohh, and to top it all off, if we decide to actually position ourselves in clockwise order (may not be possible due to video limitations), we can dynamically load different player data in different corners of the screen.

Just get four little crowns of decreasing size for Prince, Duke Count and Baron, and swap them around as rank shifts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Hexprone wrote:
forgedbygeeks wrote:

Just get four little crowns of decreasing size for Prince, Duke Count and Baron, and swap them around as rank shifts.

We have ripped the images right from the cards and will be displaying this by the players on the stream, that seems to be working best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.