Jasenko Pasic
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I have read, or have seen, or heared, somewhere that by the end of november there will be new edition of rules for Conan. I was hyped as I can't get game to the table as I have to use forums to check rules too often.
Any news on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Weston
United States
Goshen
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The French rules are out now, the English rules are suppose to be done next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monolith also stated that when the new rule book is ready a hard copy will be available for free to any backers that want it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasenko Pasic
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my game from Secret santa, so no KS backer here.
I hope I'll be able to print the rules.
So want to play this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Hoffmann
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play it now. The rules are 90% fine, and any issues can be resolved by reading this thread: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1652548/list-scenario-t...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matthew kitchens
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the rule book. Some say that it is fine and I can understand why they say that but I need every single rule in the book so I have all my questions answered. The rule book leaves way too many questions unaswered and I spend too much time on BGG trying to find the answers rather than playing. There isn't even a page that explains the components. There isn't even a sentence that explains the overall idea. I'm just ready for testing new English rule book. It has to be soon. The game is awesome, canr wait for a rulebook of equal awesomeness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glen bruton
msg tools
mb
Nuuq wrote:

Santa was VERY nice to you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Knees
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
surg3on wrote:
Nuuq wrote:

Santa was VERY nice to you
Is it worth reading the current rule book, or wait for 2.0? My game has just arrived and I'd love to jump right in but am worried I might learn the game incorrectly and when the new English rule book does come, it might be a nuisance to unlearn any mistakes. Any advice? Also is it just the players book that's being redone or both including the overlords?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
JJJBonez wrote:
Any advice?

You can read the rulebook and play. Except if you have severe brain damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JJJBonez wrote:
Is it worth reading the current rule book, or wait for 2.0? My game has just arrived and I'd love to jump right in but am worried I might learn the game incorrectly and when the new English rule book does come, it might be a nuisance to unlearn any mistakes. Any advice? Also is it just the players book that's being redone or both including the overlords?

The rules themselves won't change, compared to their original version in French. They will be reorganized, and some translation errors corrected, but everything you learn from the v1 rulebook will apply with the new rulebook. Any differences will be due to them correcting translation errors from the French version (e.g. Dodge and Armor dice are rolled together, not separately as the v1 book implies). They are not going to be making changes to the mechanics themselves, as doing so would risk breaking existing scenarios as well as impact the development of the still-pending add-ons (the campaign book and various larger boxed sets).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.