Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a post on this in the main game forum, but it ended up buried and I thought it would be worth repeating here as the initial location setup is not explained well.

1) Divide the Location cards into 4 stacks: New Orleans, Riverside, Wilderness, and Unhallowed. Each Location stack will have 2 cards with only that description on it, as well as 1 card that is a Bayou in addition to its base type. Each stack should have 3 cards in it now.

2) Randomly choose 1 of these piles, it is removed from the game and won't be used at all.

3) Randomly choose another of the remaining piles, put those cards into play with the investigators starting at the Bayou location.

4) Set the remaining 2 location decks aside, as they will be used later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lon Prater

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
mbmb
So when they are used later, there is nothing saying to take he first set of Locations out of play right? So you spend the remainder of the scenario with 9 potential locations on the board, of the 12 that come with the set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess this is a sort of spoiler, but nothing specific, I'll tag it anyway:

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Yeah. You start the game with one set of 3 locations in play, and the 6 set aside ones are added to the board after the initial act. The 6 are just added to the starting 3 though, creating a larger board of 9 locations joined by the Bayou locations.

The initial 3 that you remove from the game are never used, it's intended, I think, to add to the replayability of the scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.