suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Situation: I have a PAVN HQ that is within range of 4 hexes of PAVN units. Two units are attempting an Assault Combat while the other two are attempting a Maneuver Combat.

When I make the attack coordination die roll, does the HQ make one grand roll for both attacks or do I make two rolls, one for each separate attack*?

I am assuming each attack gets it own roll but it doesn't hurt to ask.


*Depending on the answer, does it make a difference whether the two attacks are hitting the same hex versus separate hexes?
2 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lloyd
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
World Champs!!....again
badge
Forgot me velcro gloves again...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If they're attacking the same hex, then it's only one roll. If they're attacking 2 different hexes then you roll for each attack.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinetree wrote:
If they're attacking the same hex, then it's only one roll. If they're attacking 2 different hexes then you roll for each attack.


Just to be clear.

I have two hexes of PAVN attempting a maneuver attack.
I have two hexes of PAVN attempting an assault.
Both are hitting the same hex.

I only roll once for both attacks?

Edit: Just reread 7.0 again. I think the above is correct.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lloyd
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
World Champs!!....again
badge
Forgot me velcro gloves again...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinetree wrote:
Yes.


Thanks!

While I have you here, if seems that if a combo Maneuvering/Assault attack is successful in the maneuvering step and the defender retreats, the assaulting units can advance but the assault combat is called off, true?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lloyd
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
World Champs!!....again
badge
Forgot me velcro gloves again...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at 8.5.8. The defender can't retreat at all if he's being both Maneuver /Assault attacked.
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinetree wrote:
Have a look at 8.5.8. The defender can't retreat at all if he's being both Maneuver /Assault attacked.


Perfect! Great call. Thanks for all your help.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lloyd
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
World Champs!!....again
badge
Forgot me velcro gloves again...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TedW wrote:
Pinetree wrote:
If they're attacking the same hex, then it's only one roll. If they're attacking 2 different hexes then you roll for each attack.


Just to be clear.

I have two hexes of PAVN attempting a maneuver attack.
I have two hexes of PAVN attempting an assault.
Both are hitting the same hex.

I only roll once for both attacks?

Edit: Just reread 7.0 again. I think the above is correct.


If all stacks are attacking the same hex, only one roll is made and the result applies to them all.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.